Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Real Estate » What church or other place of worship is located nearest your house/home? Have you ever attended a service there?

What church or other place of worship is located nearest your house/home? Have you ever attended a service there?

Posted - January 25, 2020

Responses

There is a little Episcopal chapel about a mile away, and it seems very few people attend any services there. 

I have no interest in worship of supernatural deities, myself. 

January 25, 2020 5:54 AM MST

• We have a Presbyterian church near our home.  I was baptized Presbyterian when I was a baby .. but I don't go to church now.  I just found far too many hypocrites at the churches I attended.  
      January 25, 2020 6:50 AM MST

There are at least ten within ten minutes drive from my home. I don't know their names. I don't attend nor do I worship.
      January 25, 2020 8:18 AM MST

That's not exactly true now is it Papa....:(    Some Eye Dolls are born to be worthy of being  worse'shipped if my mammeries serve me well.:)   
      January 27, 2020 2:41 PM MST

Not in this neighborhood.

January 27, 2020 4:38 PM MST

A large Bapstist church is about 2 min away. No I have not attended church there. But I do vote there.
      January 25, 2020 8:20 AM MST

There's a big Sikh temple around the corner from my home. It's not generally a proselytizing faith in Australia, so I've not been beyond the gates.
    My own church is a half-hour's drive away. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at January 25, 2020 9:03 AM MST
      January 25, 2020 8:23 AM MST

About a mile away is a sort of 'famous' church. It is where a funeral service was held for a locally well known woman from the area.  You see, she was Stevie Wonder's aunt. Her husband gave Stevie his first harmonica. Stevie did attend the event and gave a eulogy. 
      January 25, 2020 9:04 AM MST

There are two synagogues across from my building - one is conservative and the other is orthodox.  The conservative synagogue's congregants are mostly of European descent and the orthodox one is mostly Russian Jews.  I have not been to either one (or any other one, for that matter).  I am not a worshiper.
      January 25, 2020 9:06 AM MST

There's a gigantic nondenominational 'church' about 3/4 mile up the road from here, up on the ridge.  The building itself covers over 1 acre, while the parking lots surrounding it cover over 3 acres.  No, I do not go there as they're just a "feel-good" church.  Their only purpose is to entertain people.
      January 25, 2020 9:50 AM MST

I could easily walk about 1/2 miles to either a Southern Baptist or Mormon Church...they are across the street from each other.   I prefer to just go to the beach.   I am a member of the PCUSA denomination.  There is a PCUSA Church here but I have never been there.   
      January 25, 2020 4:51 PM MST

It's actually only in our bedroom where we utter " Oh My God ,Oh My God,Oh My God" .....it's something that just happens religiously and I don't really talk about my beliefs in public. :( 
      January 25, 2020 5:18 PM MST

The closest place of worship  around here is the Sanctuary of the Rastafarian Order. It has only been there for about 8 moths -  I haven't been to a service but the next time they have a dance I will probably go. Cheers and happy weekend!
      January 25, 2020 5:42 PM MST

There's a Muslim Community Center about halfway between my home and my place of work.

I go past it sometimes when I visit the park next door.
      January 25, 2020 5:45 PM MST

There is our Parish Church about 1Km from our doorstep, another parish the opposite direction of our Garden Weg (path).  Up the hill about about 1.1 km is a little chapel that remains from the 1300's was not burned down like most of the surrounding area in the Turkish siege of 1683.

At the bottom of our main street is the Meeting house the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (Mormon). 200 meters from there is a small Lutheran Church.

The benefits of living in a Catholic country is there is always a place to pray if you are of a mind.  Admiral Betting parlors are close to all churches in my neighborhood.  Coincidence, I think not
      January 27, 2020 1:15 PM MST

Nearest is a Methodist Church but I visit only its hall, for the occasional coffee-morning and when it is my polling-station on election days.

Otherwise the local Anglican Church, and I have been to services there but not for years.

I'm not a church-goer - though did attend a Salvation Army funeral of a friend last week!
      January 28, 2020 4:38 PM MST