Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Have you dared to call it "Super Bowl" instead of "The Big Game"?

Have you dared to call it "Super Bowl" instead of "The Big Game"?

Knock it off, NFL -- 

We call The Grammys, The Grammys
We call The Oscars, The Oscars
We call The World Series, The World Series
geez

and I'm adding a totally unrelated song by The Cars simply because I adore the song and the music video, "Drive"

oh, wait - - make that "a song by The Four-Wheeled Passenger Vehicles"

Posted - February 1, 2020

Responses

Yes I have, and I even dared them to come after me about it, but the mattress tag police got here first. By the way, could you spare $1,500 to bail me out of jail?

~

February 1, 2020 9:24 AM MST

No, I can't spare it but I'll help anyway.
    :)
      February 1, 2020 7:06 PM MST

We could call it 'The last NFL Game of the Season'. Catchy, eh?
      February 1, 2020 9:42 AM MST

Yeah, sounds good to me!

I'm not much of a sports fan and, though I know the NFL copyrighted-or-whatever, the term "Super Bowl" - - why the he** can't anyone say the words when they're talking about it on a broadcast of any kind? I roll my eyes every time (and it's often) when I hear everyone calling it "The Big Game." Geez. :)

February 1, 2020 7:10 PM MST

I call it The Super Bowl. Let them sue me. 

Go Chiefs!
      February 1, 2020 7:16 PM MST

That's the way, yeah!

I didn't even know who is playing in "the big game" :) Now I know the Chiefs are. 

Just let me know if Guy Pearce is scheduled to be the halftime entertainment or in a commercial or something and then I'll watch.

I missed that Christmas Carol he was in! But, yes, even though I failed miserably to acknowledge, I did see your couple of comments to let me know about that production. Thanks! I'm sure he was excellent as usual.
      February 1, 2020 7:24 PM MST

Chiefs and 49ers. 
    Sorry you missed the Christmas Carol. Maybe next year. :)
    Sorry, half time is J-Lo and Shekeria (I am sure that is spelled wrong) No, Guy or guys. 
      February 1, 2020 8:30 PM MST

February 2, 2020 11:06 AM MST

It's the Super Bowl.  The Big Game is the game where your team plays against its arch-rival. 
      February 1, 2020 8:06 PM MST

Good point.    :)
      February 2, 2020 11:07 AM MST

Sissies. Who puts armour on to play rugby?

Australian football is a game for tough guys - a playing field twice the size, the game played at ten times the pace and the players crash tackle each other unprotected. They don't replace the entire team for each play, either.

February 1, 2020 9:43 PM MST

I've thought similar things, too, in comparison with those sports.
      February 2, 2020 11:08 AM MST