Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » When did you last spend time in a hospital?

When did you last spend time in a hospital?

Just got home after four days there. Had a can of canola oil spray explode in my hand - apart from the severe burns and bruising, I also suffered a compound fracture of the right thumb which required plastic surgery.

Posted - February 1, 2020

Responses

Whoa, that sounds painful.

I haven't stayed at a hospital since I was around 12, and then it was only for tests.  I am,. however, a "frequent flyer" at the local emergency room.  A few months ago I stuck a steak knife through the back of my hand (the knife was in my back pocket at the time). I still have nerve problems in that hand.
      February 1, 2020 4:55 PM MST

• Not since I was a kid and had a urinary tract infection. I thankfully have not had to spend much time in hospitals. 
      February 1, 2020 5:18 PM MST

Four years ago I did four days in hospital to have a part of my lung removed due to cancer  (from smoking).No recurrence. 
      February 1, 2020 6:29 PM MST

The last time was when I was 9 and broke my finger. 
      February 1, 2020 6:31 PM MST

Oh my goodness!  I'm glad you are not hurt even worse.  It sounds plenty bad.  Sounds like you had some good care though.   Put your oil in a refillable oil spritzer/sprayer.  Very safe and cheap.  I don't do it but I rarely use oil.  I buy the smallest bottle and throw about 95% of it away when it expires.
      February 1, 2020 11:00 PM MST