Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Can you be trusted?

Can you be trusted?

Posted - February 2, 2020

Responses

• Faaak no. 
      February 2, 2020 7:21 PM MST

You can trust me to stab you in the back. ; )
      February 2, 2020 7:28 PM MST

Yes. As an example--------- Back in the 80's, I was trying to make a night deposit at one of those 'night depository' slots at a bank.  I couldn't seem to stuff my bag down the chute. There was something caught and it was blocking the way. I reached in and pulled out someone else's bank deposit bag!  I looked inside and grabbed a handful of checks. There was a glob of cash also, but I ignored it. I looked on the checks (worth thousands) and got their name. Then I shoved it all back down the chute. Next day I wrote the people about what had happened. I didn't tell them who I was. Can you trust me?
      February 2, 2020 7:32 PM MST

As a warning....you should have called the cops or the emergency number on the bank door rather than pushing back into the chute.  You touched that bag and some of what was in it.  If there had been a claim of loss, the cops would have been at your door.    People actually used to push something into chutes to stop them up then come back later to see if they could retrieve anything.  People even did it on the coin return on pay phones and Coke machines.  Then the banks upgraded to those night deposits with the slotted grates that your deposit had to process through.  Now the banks are closing their night deposit chutes for good.  My bank is getting rid of every one of them.  I fussed at them about it.  I use the night deposit most of the time when I have a deposit to make.  That isn't so often as it used to be.  They want people to make deposits at the ATM or interactive teller.  No way I am going to do that.  It's very safe to drive up to the night deposit and make a drop but the machine thing....no thanks. 
      February 3, 2020 12:44 AM MST

Yes. 
      February 2, 2020 8:09 PM MST

Indeed.  It's a fault.
      February 3, 2020 12:45 AM MST