Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Isn't it one of the best feelings when you've made a stew for evening meal in a slow-cooker, so now you don't have to do anything, but wait?

Isn't it one of the best feelings when you've made a stew for evening meal in a slow-cooker, so now you don't have to do anything, but wait?

Sure, I know I had to put together the stew ingredients this morning but it's a lovely feeling now, that it's evening, to not have to set too and start cooking! I hate cooking with a passion :P

Posted - February 23, 2020

Responses

It's a even better feeling when there is homemade  rolls or bread to go along with the homemade stew. Cheers!
      February 23, 2020 11:20 AM MST

LOL oh heavens no! I'd have had to make rolls too and I despise cooking! Bad enough I made dumplings to go with it.. .I so long for the day when we all have replicators to produce freshly cooked food for us!
      February 23, 2020 11:26 AM MST

It sounds great, but I have a swallowing problem and wouldn't be able to swallow the meat. I do have a recipe for a multi-bean soup with smoked turkey. Yummiest stuff ever. It's time for me to make some soon.
      February 23, 2020 11:52 AM MST

My dad used to make beef stew from scratch adding big chunks of carrots, potatoes, pot roast and onion balls and simmered it all with half an an added Bass Ale in some broth.
    I don't think you could ever beat that for good food. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 23, 2020 1:41 PM MST
      February 23, 2020 12:20 PM MST

Yes or close to it.
    I get a lot of pleasure in cooking but my energy and alertness is always better in the mornings.
    I like to put brown rice with water in a tiffin box, all the vegetable stew ingredients with toasted spices and coconut cream in another, and put them in a solar cooker out in the sun.
    Four hours later, dinner's ready. Take it out of the sun and it keeps warm 'til dinner time.
      February 23, 2020 12:35 PM MST

I must like to fret, as I make my stews in an Instant Pot.   Sear the meat (same pot), dump in the other ingredients, and in 15 minutes viola - perfect stew.
      February 23, 2020 1:36 PM MST