Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Has there ever been a waiting room that you actually enjoyed spending your time therein? ~

Has there ever been a waiting room that you actually enjoyed spending your time therein? ~

Posted - March 5, 2020

Responses

My God Yes yes yes......it's my bedroom.....I have a trick Ive used successfully over the year so I don't have to wait long though...:)D 
      March 5, 2020 4:13 AM MST

I volunteer in a surgical waiting room in a hospital. I enjoy trying to make the family members comfortable and feel looked after because I know what it's like to be the one waiting.
      March 5, 2020 4:25 AM MST

Therein? Yes, and I'd go back there forthwith. 
      March 5, 2020 5:16 AM MST

Therefore, you get me. 

March 5, 2020 7:21 AM MST

No.  My pediatric dentist had a grand waiting room............there were posts on the floor (like short telephone poles) with real horse saddles for the kids to sit in while we waited.  I couldn't enjoy that for the tornado happening inside me.  I was scared to death to have to go in to see this man.  Partly because he was a dentist, but he also put his hands where they didn't belong.  I actually had to be poked out from under the bed to go to a dental appointment.  I told my mother why and she spanked me and wanted to know where I ever heard about such things.  
      March 5, 2020 2:43 PM MST

:(
      March 5, 2020 3:07 PM MST

It didn't ruin my life.    But it was before parents were alert to pay attention when kids try to refuse anything (other than food).  Today, a parent would know something was wrong for a kid to act the way I did about the dentist.  It got so bad that she finally said I could go to her dentist.  That didn't work either.  He pulled out that big stainless steel syringe and I slithered out of the chair and started running, ran past my mother in the waiting room, and didn't stop until I was hiding behind our car in the parking lot.  I have no other dentist memories until I finished school and went to work.  :)
      March 5, 2020 10:14 PM MST

Yes, if there are good magazines such as National Geographic, Scientific American, Psychology Today or literary, coffee or cookery journals.
    Then I almost regret it when I finally get called.
      March 5, 2020 9:47 PM MST