Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » What are some of your favorite songs that go 100% against the social distancing guidelines? I’ll start:

What are some of your favorite songs that go 100% against the social distancing guidelines? I’ll start:

“Lean On Me” by Bill Withers, 1972

“I Wanna Get Next To You” by Rose Royce, 1976 (from the soundtrack to the movie “Car Wash”)

“Lead Me On” by Maxine Nightingale, 1978

“Human Touch” by Rick Springfield, 1983

“Between The Sheets” by The Isley Brothers, 1984

~

Posted - April 13, 2020

Responses

Why doesn't it say how long "Love Comes In All Colors" is? Is it 0 minutes and 00 seconds? On one of Iron Maiden's CDs the track "Sanctuary" gives the running time as 0 minutes 00 seconds, a slight difference from the vinyl version which was 3 minutes 12 seconds.
      April 16, 2020 10:46 AM MDT

Ha!

GOOD EYE, Bez!!!!!! I did not notice that at all! :)
      April 16, 2020 5:19 PM MDT

I always notice things like that. I've been obsessed with the exact playing times of records since I was about 10. Lol :)
      April 17, 2020 9:34 AM MDT

That's excellent.
    :)

I have little things like that about me, too.

April 17, 2020 10:44 AM MDT

Any examples?
      April 17, 2020 10:46 AM MDT

At the age of about nine, seeing this illustration (and others) in a book my parents had about the 1889 Johnstown flood (May 31, 1889 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA). I became quasi-obsessed looking at it.

The Band Played

And I have been a life-long 'student' of that tragedy ever since, especially as an adult.The Southfork Fishing and Hunting Club's earthen dam, at the man-made resort lake miles up in the hills/ mountains above Johnstown, collapsed/failed. After an inspection, a professional engineer  declared the dam needed major work but the club owners did nothing.

The water and debris took about 45 minutes travelling down the hills, winding back and forth in narrow twists-and-turns and valleys in the landscape terrain, to arrive in Johnstown -- all the while wiping out several small communities along the way, before hitting Johnstown. Twenty-two hundred people perished.

Whoa -- see? Talk about obsessed. And I could go on and on.

And, yes -- much of the debris, full of gasoline, bodies, alive-people caught in the debris -- slammed into a bridge, it all stopped-- and then went ablaze with fire, trapping people in the chaos. Survivors said how they were haunted by hearing the screams of people caught in it- - and there was little anyone could do to help.

I've travelled several times to Johnstown -  the city is nice and the surrounding physical scenery is gorgeous to me.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 31, 2020 12:17 PM MDT
      April 17, 2020 11:08 AM MDT

They could have done with the flood after the fire started. Lol :)
      April 17, 2020 11:12 AM MDT

Yeah!

Interesting to me, people in Johnstown said that by the time the debris hit Johnstown, it was so full of debris, it was more of just a huge, huge massive (about 40-feet high) moving mass of debris (including railroad cars, too - - and remnants of a barbed-wire factory) - - that water was hardly noticed. It was more like a moving solid mass.

(I just keep talking, ha!)

April 17, 2020 11:18 AM MDT

Interesting to me is that the Johnstown you know isn't the only place called Johnstown. There's a Johnstown in Wales and I used to have relatives there (they are deceased now).
      April 17, 2020 11:36 AM MDT

Funny you say that! Me, too! Ever since being so interested in the "Pennsylvania" Johnstown - - I "tune in" to whenever I hear about all the other worldwide Johnstowns.

it's one reason I always specify which Johnstown about which I'm talking -- I assume there are probably other Johnstowns out there that have had floods.
      April 17, 2020 11:42 AM MDT

The Johnstown I know is near Wrexham (my birth town) in Wales and it's a small place with a population of about 3000. I dare say there are various other Johnstowns around the world. I already knew there was one in the States.
      April 17, 2020 1:32 PM MDT

Come closer come closer... (although Hoagy Carmichael's version has Please keep your distance). This post was edited by Malizz at June 2, 2020 8:10 AM MDT
      June 2, 2020 6:52 AM MDT