Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you know anyone who is a first responder during the crisis? My daughter is a nurse in a hospital where 7 have died so far.

Do you know anyone who is a first responder during the crisis? My daughter is a nurse in a hospital where 7 have died so far.

Posted - April 19, 2020

Responses

Bless her! 

My ex manager, was a first responder.. she also teaches first aid, I know this cos I had to endure being taught by her twice
      April 19, 2020 3:01 PM MDT

Thanks.
      April 19, 2020 4:08 PM MDT

I know many, and they're all doing a great job! 
      April 19, 2020 3:32 PM MDT

As is my daughter.
      April 19, 2020 4:09 PM MDT

Absolutely, yes. Does she work with Covid patients? 
      April 19, 2020 8:00 PM MDT

My best to her, and so many others!
    I do know of others personally in my life, too.
      April 19, 2020 3:54 PM MDT

Thanks, bro.
      April 19, 2020 4:08 PM MDT

Yes, back at 'cha. And I send my best to you, too.

Heck, to everyone, yeah.

:)
      April 19, 2020 4:16 PM MDT

Symbol With Two Big Hearts And A Small Heart Stock Photo, Picture ...
    Very Cool!!!  My sincere Thank you, goes out to her. 

To the many other nurses as well. :) :)
      April 19, 2020 4:51 PM MDT

My cousins partner is a nurse, he tested positive for Covid-19, as you already know my cousin and their two children went on to get it, he is due back at work on Monday, his ward is now all Covid-19 patients.
      April 19, 2020 5:35 PM MDT

No, I don't.  Best wishes to your daughter.  It must be grueling work these days and I can't imagine the fear she must have that she may catch the virus.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.  
      April 19, 2020 5:45 PM MDT

We know many medical professionals who are working long hours both in labs as well as in the ERs.   That is back in our home town.  The University of Alabama has been on the front lines and developed a possible cure ( remdesivir) that is looking good in trials rights now.  I read tonight they are seeing about a 66% cure rate.   Many nurses have gone all over the country where the need is great.  I watched a video last night about the sad cases in the Navajo nation in New Mexico and the work the doctors and nurses in the small hospital there are doing.  I noticed a nurse wearing a "Roll Tide" banana and was somewhat touched by that. I have quite a few friends who have adult kids who work in Birmingham as nurses, and all of the nurse specialties like nurse anesthetists and respiratory therapists and others.  Quite a few have gone to outlying areas to work.  Many of the parents are also physicians, most of whom are still working in the large hospitals.  My current home area in Florida has 1001 hospital beds and we have 24 covid19 patients hospitalized in the county.   We just in the past week have had a huge uptick in the number of cases here and more deaths than the national average.  We are at 6%. Florida is at 2%, and the country is at 5%.  There are a lot of retirees here.  The "old" age here is higher than what is considered "old" in most of the country.  Seniors here are active and healthy as a rule.  I pray for the country on so many fronts.  I pray for the people who are actually our hope, and that's the medical community and those making sure what we need to live gets trucked down this long long state I live in to get supplies to us in the south.  That is quite a feat.  God bless them.
      April 20, 2020 2:59 AM MDT

Element, I know you are proud of your daughter, as I would also be.  Let her know people are really thankful for what she does everyday.  

April 20, 2020 3:02 AM MDT