Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you smoke?

Do you smoke?

Nicotine from tobacco helps prevent coronavirus.  If you don't smoke you can do the patch or nicotine gum.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/french-study-suggests-smokers-at-lower-risk-of-getting-coronavirus

Posted - April 23, 2020

Responses

When I started smoking most brands of tobacco had a pleasant flavor .It's not the same now. I guess non smokers experimenting with cigarettes get hooked at first by the pleasant high nicotine provides. The high soon wears off but the addiction to nicotine requires the smoker continue to get their fixes. It's not east to quit smoking for most people. 
      April 23, 2020 4:28 PM MDT

Only when I’m on fire. 

I find it difficult to reconcile that smoking (cigarettes) actually cures anything but hope for long term lung health. It also seems a ready remedy for what ails Tobacco producers’ bottom lines. 

Given a choice, I’ll take my chances without it. 

April 23, 2020 1:32 PM MDT

Might want to develop a different "early warning system" if you find that happening frequently   (lol)
      April 23, 2020 1:35 PM MDT

No---as a shy pre-teen, I was only in the same room off the garage when two of my friends each tried a cigarette.

As a simple observer, the physical results they displayed after a few inhalations forever cured me of thinking that smoking in general would be a pleasant and enjoyable pastime.
      April 23, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

Yeah Right...
    Seems like something the tobacco industry
    would put out...
    just to increase sales.
         So smoke, die of cancer.
    Nicotine is Brain poison
    so along with killing the human being
    Covid 19 dies with everything else
    that dies with the human being.
         So smoke and everything go dead.
      April 23, 2020 2:23 PM MDT

• Nope, I have never smoked anything before and don't plan on starting any time soon. 
      April 23, 2020 2:56 PM MDT

No, but I fart!
      April 23, 2020 6:30 PM MDT