Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What do you think will happen to our food chain?

What do you think will happen to our food chain?

Personal opinions please:

Are we headed for an eventual collapse?  Can we pull it all together again? 

Posted - April 25, 2020

Responses

Which is the proper wine to go with that?

~
      April 25, 2020 12:02 PM MDT

Red with mine and white with Element's.
      April 25, 2020 12:07 PM MDT

I have 100 odd tomato seedlings starting to pop up right now. More tomatoes than I can ever eat.
      April 25, 2020 12:48 PM MDT

With global warming, the veroa mite, and the way bees suffer from mobile phone towers,
    there will be increasing challenges to plant fertilisation and food production.

We are already seeing deserts growing larger and rice growing deltas flooded by seas.
    Every year less snow falls in the Himalayas, the glaciers retreat, and less water flows into the Ganges and Jamuna. A time will come when farmers cannot grow cereals across Northern India.

The algae are already dying at increasing rates in the oceans. The algae-dependent krill, fish, and whales have less to eat. They are becoming less prolific. Their predators have less food ... and so on up the food chain.
    In the meantime, blooms (plagues) of jellyfish are proliferating around coastlines and ports, outcompeting other marine species. And peoples everywhere are over fishing most species of seafoods.

Every degree higher will make the problems worse. This post was edited by inky at April 25, 2020 11:55 PM MDT
      April 25, 2020 5:53 PM MDT

yes
      April 25, 2020 9:35 PM MDT