Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Has anyone seen this? Trump right Again.

Has anyone seen this? Trump right Again.

This news report was uploaded to Youtube 4 yrs ago. 

They are INJECTING UV Light INTO the body to fight the flu. 
Video is blocked from playing here.  But here is the link..
https://youtu.be/ugRLoikr_-4

Posted - April 25, 2020

Responses

The media trolls Trump and he trolls them back.  This is another case of the media not doing their homework before going with their Trump is going to blow up the work mantra. 

The video is a news report from years ago. If you watch it is explains the details of the procedure. 
      April 26, 2020 6:41 AM MDT

I never actually made the decision to watch his briefings.  I always was watching the news and then he appeared.  Two briefings and I decided that the time would be more usefully used washing my underwear.  He has absolutely nothing to say that I would want to hear or that I would believe.  The constant lies and patting himself on the back for nothing is more than I can watch.  I will continue to watch Gov. Cuomo whose briefings are informative and intelligent and are based on medical science, fact and common sense.  

There is no defending Trump, in my opinion.
      April 26, 2020 8:19 AM MDT

"His behavior, unfiltered by the media, speaks for itself."

You said it better than my attempt. And you did it with way fewer words.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 27, 2020 6:41 AM MDT
      April 26, 2020 5:51 PM MDT

Thank you. But your response was excellent.
      April 26, 2020 7:36 PM MDT

(way less fewer words)
      April 26, 2020 11:24 PM MDT

Does "way" stay, too? You can let me know if i still got it wrong. Thanks, though :)
      April 27, 2020 6:41 AM MDT

To my knowledge, there’s nothing wrong with its use. Many, many people confuse “less” and “fewer”. 
    ~
      April 27, 2020 6:51 AM MDT

Cool. :)
    Thanks. 
      April 27, 2020 7:28 AM MDT

OK, in an attempt to be fair, I watched this entire video and have these comments.  First of all, this study was begun four years ago, yet there has been virtually no reporting on the results since then.  Second, this woman did not graduate from a medical school - she is not an MD, she is an ND, a naturopathic doctor, probably a step up from witch doctor, but I digress.  She graduated from Bastyr University.  According to Wikipedia:

"Bastyr's programs teach and research topics that are considered pseudosciencequackery, and fake by the scientific and medical communities.[3][4][5][6] Quackwatch, a group against health fraud, put Bastyr University on its list of "questionable organizations" as a school which is "accredited but not recommended".[7]

Bastyr University and similar naturopathic programs are not accredited as medical schools but as special programs that are overseen by a naturopathic council which is not required to be scientific.[8][9][10] Bastyr's naturopathic program has been accused by critics of misrepresenting its medical rigor and its ability to train primary care clinicians.[3][11][12]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastyr_University

So, I ask you, would you really take advice from this person?  I will say, however, that your "research" was a valiant attempt to justify what your hero espoused.  Too bad it failed.  

April 26, 2020 8:12 AM MDT

The point it the idea is being researched and has been for years.  Also, if this person was allowed to perform any study on humans....then the process has showed promise and did not harm other non-human subjects.  This woman is not the only one who is testing this.....as I have said on other answers there are other companies studying this as well.  So the idea that we could use something like that which could in fact cleanse the body is not as far fetched as it may seem and certainly not as crazy as the media tried to make it out to be.   As Kittigate posted above, they are using is in a dialysis process to "cleanse" the blood while outside of the body.  So this is the same thing....just a way to do it inside safely.  

The point has nothing to do with this particular woman. It has to do with the media not doing the homework and rushing to slam Trump every time they get a chance. 
      April 26, 2020 9:34 AM MDT

What other companies are researching this process?
      April 27, 2020 7:16 AM MDT

Here is several studies using light therapies on a living host. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3831650/
      April 27, 2020 1:24 PM MDT

I suspect you are grasping at straws to find anything at all to support your position, but it's clear to me that you didn't read most of your own link.  I did and here's what I discovered:

A.  The study to which you refer was done in 2013.  I don't see any updates to confirm or refute the study.

B.  Here are the salient points of the study, all of which are direct quotes but the highlights are my own:

"Because tissue penetration of light is limited by the extremely short wavelength and difficulties in the delivery approach, UVC for anti-infective diseases is likely to be applied exclusively to superficial infections." 

"The most attractive advantages of light-based antimicrobial therapies lie in their ability to eradicate microbes regardless of antibiotic resistance, and the fundamental improbability of the microbes themselves developing resistance to these light based therapies due to the rather non-specific nature of the targets."

"Clinical applications of these technologies include skin, dental, wound, stomach, nasal, toenail and other infections which are amenable to effective light delivery."

"It is well known that prolonged and repeated exposure to UV irradiation can damage host cells and be particularly hazardous to human skin. As to long-term UVC irradiation of human skin, it is also known to have potential carcinogenicity ..."

"In summary, it has been known during the past one-hundred years that UVC irradiation is highly bactericidal; however, using UVC illumination for the prophylaxis and treatment of localized infections is still at very early stages of development."

"In general, polyomaviruses are considered to be highly resistant to PDI (photodynamic inactivation)."

So, the takeaway for me is that light is helpful in treating bacterial issues, mostly of an external nature, not viral ones.

EDITED only to remove excess lines at the bottom.  Text remained the same. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at April 28, 2020 10:24 AM MDT
      April 27, 2020 2:42 PM MDT

Nice job of winnowing, SpunkySenior---You have separated the one kernel of value from the from the stems and other dirt. This post was edited by tom jackson at April 28, 2020 10:19 AM MDT
      April 27, 2020 3:39 PM MDT

Thank you.  
      April 28, 2020 10:19 AM MDT

The point is it is being studied by more than just one person. And has been studied for years. Not if it is effective at this time or not.
    This shows that President Trump's question was valid and not crazy or even out of the realm of possibility. This post was edited by my2cents at April 27, 2020 5:36 PM MDT
      April 27, 2020 5:34 PM MDT

Nice try.  You didn't answer me when I asked what other companies are researching this process?  
      April 28, 2020 10:22 AM MDT

I gave you more studies into rhw light therapies.  If there are more studies....then there are more companies.
      April 28, 2020 1:23 PM MDT

If there are more studies....then there are more companies---That is an unsupported conclusion.
      April 28, 2020 3:13 PM MDT

Not an unsupported conclusion...Got to the link....numerous studies numerous Dr scientists, universities etc listed.  
      April 29, 2020 5:44 AM MDT

But you can't name them, can you?  Not surprised.  The study you posted was done in 2013.  I would think that if there was something to it, you would be able to name the companies that are still studying the process. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at April 28, 2020 4:15 PM MDT
      April 28, 2020 3:26 PM MDT

What I linked to is not just one study it is multiple studies by multiple scientists/companies/universities/etc.  If you want the names go to the sources listed at the bottom of the site.   There are others as well but I chose this one because it has so many listed. 
      April 28, 2020 6:22 PM MDT

Cedars-Sinai has delevolped an UV light they are using to help covod19 patients. This was announced Apr 21 2020.  Just before Trump mentioned it is the briefings. 
      April 29, 2020 5:49 AM MDT

And you think Trump knew about this before he suggested that Lysol might work?  You give him a lot of credit.
      April 29, 2020 8:12 AM MDT