Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Has anyone seen this? Trump right Again.

Has anyone seen this? Trump right Again.

This news report was uploaded to Youtube 4 yrs ago. 

They are INJECTING UV Light INTO the body to fight the flu. 
Video is blocked from playing here.  But here is the link..
https://youtu.be/ugRLoikr_-4

Posted - April 25, 2020

Responses

April 25, 2020 9:38 PM MDT

Link is not working....it asks if I want to buy the domain.
      April 25, 2020 9:40 PM MDT

Yeah i'm trying to fix it. Utube wouldn't play and your link wouldn't work for me.
      April 25, 2020 9:43 PM MDT

Both video and link I posted are working on my end. 
      April 25, 2020 9:49 PM MDT

Now it's working.

If Trump is right it'll be by accident.  This post was edited by Kittigate at April 27, 2020 2:27 AM MDT
      April 25, 2020 9:49 PM MDT

Thank you. Same basic idea but in your article blood is outside the body through dialysis.  And using for surfaces.

Funny he has the accidents a lot.....lol.  This post was edited by my2cents at April 26, 2020 1:03 PM MDT
      April 25, 2020 9:54 PM MDT

April 25, 2020 9:47 PM MDT

FACTS.   
      April 25, 2020 9:50 PM MDT

What puny apologetics. 

I’ll get my medical advice from an actual medical doctor, not from an undiagnosed dementia victim, his faithful toadies or a youtube video.
    Thanks all the same

April 25, 2020 11:13 PM MDT

He was NOT giving medicial advice. He was asking a question of a Doctor.
      April 26, 2020 5:38 AM MDT

I was referring to the video clip.

If it was a real remedy, real doctors would have embraced it before now. They wouldn't need a science-averse real estate mogul to tell them about it. But as long as you feel your guy is validated...

April 26, 2020 9:07 AM MDT

There is more than one company working on it.   
      April 26, 2020 5:33 PM MDT

What other companies are working on it?
      April 27, 2020 7:14 AM MDT

Aytu BioScience Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment

This was announced Apr 21 2020....just before President Trump talked about using uv light.

April 29, 2020 5:42 AM MDT

Maybe consider just letting it go. To me, it borders on desperation, this defending him at all costs, especially in this case. 

I heard the interview/conference itself. Without you or anyone else saying a thing, I saw from the start what seems to have been your point -- I didn't "take" his comments as a suggestion to go out and do it. But so many of his defenders I live around just seem to be so desperate to defend him in this.
    And that desperation of his defenders, especially in this case, to me, gives more ammunition to his detractors.
    Very little the president does or does not do, tends to change the thoughts I've had about him from Day One of his entrance into the political scene.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 26, 2020 1:43 PM MDT
      April 26, 2020 3:24 AM MDT

So as you said you heard it and understood he was suggesting what the media was saying.  Yes we are defending Trump. Because once again the media spun this out of control and they were wrong.

Why would I let it go?  I just showed a medical fact that Trump was not crazy or even incorrect.   
    If media etc did not behave as if every little thing Trump says or does is going to blow up the world, I would not have to defend the craziness contantly. 

This post was edited by my2cents at April 26, 2020 1:03 PM MDT
      April 26, 2020 5:43 AM MDT

:)
    I get your point, I do. And I've had a challenging day so far and I'm probably not communicating so well, sorry. :)
    For what it's worth, I admit I heard only just the excerpt of Trump in relation to this current little thing. My impression was that he was simply rambling about some possibilities. 
    And I admit I'm a bit surprised that this has gotten such attention.

However, no surprise to me - - Trump, in my opinion, again, as always, made it all worse all by himself - with his bordering-on-inane post-rationalizations on what he meant about what he said. 

Since we're only discussing this particular instance, I'll stop on that.
    But I live in an area with many Trump supporters and their seemingly constant defending of him gets tiresome to me because, to me, Trump himself is often indefensible. All by myself, I hear him and I see him -- I don't need his supporters to defend him because what I see him do and what I hear him say is often indefensible (to me). I often do not need to listen to nor read a lot of media of any kind, pro-Trump or anti-Trump -- or any media - - I don't need to - - I hear Trump himself - - and that is more than enough for me to make up my own mind about him. 

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 27, 2020 2:29 AM MDT
      April 26, 2020 12:55 PM MDT

I am glad we agree on this being blown out proportion.   Even if we do not agree on Trump. :)
      April 26, 2020 3:06 PM MDT

Thank you, my2cents. Yeah, I realize, too, that we don't agree on him. And if Lauren Daigle ever opens for a Trump rally, no  -- don't invite me to go with you. Ha! :)
    [Do know that that was very much in jest on my part!]

Oh, and I can't remember what the title was - - but not too long ago I heard another song by her and I really liked it a lot! I think it may be just that one song that I let irritate me a bit.
      April 26, 2020 4:05 PM MDT

Lol. That would be awesome for Daigle to open a rally. And now if it happens you will know the how time I will be thinking of you. :)
      April 26, 2020 5:36 PM MDT

Ha!
      April 26, 2020 5:48 PM MDT

Yes, he was right again. Something the liberal media hates. They would much rather take things out of context then put their own Trump-hating bias spin on it. And then, with much glee, feed their doctored version of the news to the public.
      April 26, 2020 5:05 AM MDT

And something they will never admit. 
      April 26, 2020 5:44 AM MDT

All this video shows is that Trump was not the first person to consider using light inside the body. It doesn't make him 'right' it makes this idea less outlandish. It does raise many questions such as the safety of using UV light since it is known to be harmful (SPF anyone?). I understand that the media twists things. For example, showing this clip without a disclaimer that the effectiveness and safety of this treatment has not been studied is a way of drawing viewers. The real problem with Trump is that he is using his public forum to air his ideas instead of discussing them with medical experts or doing any other kind of research. His ideas might be useful once they have been properly explored and maybe they are or have been already. 

Trump should have learned by now that everything he says will be scrutinized and that his words matter. Blaming the media is a cop-out. He is simply providing way too much ammunition. He has no filter on what he says and appears to think his ideas are better than the experts.

I finally stopped watching the press briefings because they gave very little useful or encouraging information. I contrast them with our state briefings that are laying out steps for supplying the hospitals, ramping up testing and gradually re-opening businesses. Our governor has shown leadership and empathy and allows medical information to be explained by the appropriate experts. He does not politicize the pandemic or spend any time criticizing anyone or boasting about accomplishments. He is not providing false hope or being reckless with human lives. I hope others have this kind of leadership at the state level.

You can defend Trump all you want, that is your right, but I will not engage with you. His behavior, unfiltered by the media, speaks for itself.

April 26, 2020 6:17 AM MDT