Active Now

Malizz
WelbyQuentin
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Humorous replies, please: everyone is entitled to at least ONE mistake, right?

Humorous replies, please: everyone is entitled to at least ONE mistake, right?

~

Posted - May 5, 2020

Responses

Lol, that looks like something I would do, so yes. 
      May 5, 2020 12:11 PM MDT

I had two birthdays waiting for that to finish and it still wasn't done!

Depends on the mistake.  Cheating is a one-and-done to me.
      May 5, 2020 12:54 PM MDT

(I was just joking about the video . . . )
    ~
      May 5, 2020 12:55 PM MDT

Oh, good.  Then I don't have to feel bad about not waiting for it to end. :)
      May 5, 2020 1:04 PM MDT

Lol. 

By the way, happy belated birthday X 2.  

:)
      May 5, 2020 1:05 PM MDT

Thanks. :)
      May 5, 2020 1:35 PM MDT

That was one of Randy's ditzy girlfriends! 
      May 5, 2020 3:10 PM MDT

Hey, I resent that!  They're not “girlfriends”!  Grrrrrr.

(LOL.)

May 5, 2020 3:59 PM MDT

Wrong, I'm blonde and thus entitled to make as many as eye see fit...that actually bodes well for me as my previous ns e was Calamity Jane....:) 
      May 5, 2020 4:01 PM MDT

Wow! What a can of worms that opens!

I doubt if there's ever been a law or religion anywhere in the world which permits a first mistake irrespective of what it is or who commits it.

We expect and allow kids to make zillions of mistakes because we know it's a necessary part of how they learn.

We give delinquent kids more warnings, more chances to reform, and softer sentences because we know they've come from difficult circumstances, are often severely traumatised, or may have cognitive disabilities.

We give far softer penalties for crimes committed unintentionally.
    And yet, due to the rising burdens of insurance premiums, negligence is now a criminal offence.

Fact is, it's rare to make mistakes if one is properly paying attention.

I make mistakes in almost every sentence I write, because I type too fast and my fingers slip, or because I rush to press "Post" before checking and editing. I read the post after the press. This is negligence turned habitual. If I drove a car like that, my chance of accidentally killing myself or someone else would turn to a near certainty. This would make make my first serious driving mistake a manslaughter; I'd (rightly) have no right to get away with it without gaol sentence and probably a fine that would send me bankrupt for life.

And then we come to all those minute mistakes that rarely amount to much. How many lives of ants have I snuffed out, never even aware of it, with the soles  of my boots as I walk? Do I have the right to take even one of those lives? Do even the vegans care? How do we decide what matters and what doesn't?
    Is it always and only human self interest that counts?
    If that's so, what are the consequences for the world when so few of us are able to see the whole picture? This post was edited by inky at May 5, 2020 9:20 PM MDT
      May 5, 2020 4:50 PM MDT

Er, um, did you realize that the text of my post is merely a setup for the graphic, which in itself is merely in jest, and is the entire point of the post?

May 5, 2020 5:39 PM MDT

Lol. 
      May 5, 2020 5:40 PM MDT

NO!

May 5, 2020 5:36 PM MDT

Wait, no!  She’s cute and sexy!  Don’t chop her head off just because she’s a klutz!  I can find plenty that she can do!  NOOOOOOOO!

~
      May 5, 2020 5:50 PM MDT

Most of your questions contain an invitation to joking - so yes, I do understand.

It is funny when we make the same errors over and over, especially if the effects aren't harmful.
    Whether it's Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy or John Cleese -- we laugh because we recognise ourselves in what they show us.

And I'd guess you know that one of my flaws is responding seriously to jokes.
    Element gets so infuriated with me about it.
    So if it's any compensation, you're welcome to pull my leg about it.
    I promise to take it in good spirits.

For me, the funniest jokes derive their humour from absurdity, the unexpected and the profound truths that underlie them.
    And those elements are certainly present in your gif.

But how would this change if we realised that the woman in the gif is half blind? This post was edited by inky at May 5, 2020 9:20 PM MDT
      May 5, 2020 5:47 PM MDT

She’s not blind, half nor otherwise.  You’re deflating the tyres. 

:(
      May 5, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

Accepted.

How do we get those pneumatics re-pumped?

Her bumps attract a gorgeous-looking saviour who
    guides her bumptiously-prone self through the rigours of the airport,
    and she rewards him with a cup of coffee, a long conversation,
    and the offer of her telephone number.

How would that work?
      May 5, 2020 7:39 PM MDT

I like the way you think!  Here she is now, 3 little bumps on her forenoggin slowly fading away, 45 minutes before her flight‘s boarding time, her phone number safely saved in my mobile’s contact list, she says she’s never heard of Vegemite nor tildes, and her grammar is above average. This seems promising . . .

~
      May 5, 2020 9:14 PM MDT

And she's thinking, my God! He checks out every which-way - kind, helpful, easy to chat with, chemistry...
    how on earth did I luck out?
    May be I should have been bumping into every plate glass window I ever passed.
    Ah well, at least it's not too late - here he is now,
    and there's no way I'll pass up this opportunity if he rings.
      May 5, 2020 9:54 PM MDT

Too bad she’s going all the way to Dubai for a research project lasting four to six months, and I’m going to Gold Coast International Airport . . . 

~
      May 5, 2020 10:00 PM MDT

Ah well, I dare say our hero won't mind two gals, even if one of them is rather frustratingly time distant.
      May 5, 2020 11:19 PM MDT

And our heroine, would she mind?
    ~
      May 5, 2020 11:22 PM MDT

Mm.
    Considering they've only just met, probably not,
    but likely she would hope he'd still want to see her when she got home.
      May 5, 2020 11:52 PM MDT

If I can't use 'spilt', then you can't use tyres.
      May 6, 2020 1:51 PM MDT