Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Since this virus has kicked into play, have you engaged in any of the online or tv workouts? Are they working??

Since this virus has kicked into play, have you engaged in any of the online or tv workouts? Are they working??

Posted - May 5, 2020

Responses

Ummm, no.  I don't do "workout."  Someone from my office recently sent me a friend request on Facebook.  Against my better judgment, I accepted.  Now, all she does is post her workout photos and videos.  Three days of that and I stopped following her.  
      May 5, 2020 12:51 PM MDT

And these people call themselves, "friends."
    What's up with that?  And furthermore, I don't personally want to see their bodies work out.  
    Watching mine is just fine.
    :) :)

Sorry if I seem a bit snappy but I just got back from Don's jobsite and he blew his ACL out again.
    Gruffffffffff  is not loud enough for me to express how ....
    Thanks SpunkySenior!
    You're the best~! :)!

May 5, 2020 6:36 PM MDT

Wait, I want to see your body working out!  Me, me, over here, hello, hellllllo, it’s me, Randy!  I want to see it, I want to see it, I want to see it!  Merlie, over here, I’m right here, hello!

No, seriously, I hope Don is well as soon as possible!

~
      May 5, 2020 6:56 PM MDT

You are so good for my ego!
    Alright!  You win!
    I did take a short video of me working out in the gym and the Pilates room while we were at the property!
    I'll send it to you via Blue-footed Boobies!
    Giggles!
    Thanks Randy D.!

P.S.
    Don says thank youtoo!  He would love to meet the infamous Randy D. but right now he has ice on his knee.
    Thanks to Merlin who is a little peeved at him... as you can seee.  Trying to put an entire 8 person table By HIMSELF in the back of Bobby, the little Mazda 3, was ...  I'm stopping.  I don't like to call people bad names.  )(*)(^&^*^%$^$^%$#^#^^#.
    Thank you.  You should have seen me trying to drive the 101 with this table in the back.  

Not the best video to express.  I felt like a wee little china women with my knees up to my chin, trying to steer and my legs bent so much, I took off my sandals because there wasn't enough room.   MY TOES worked the peddles! 
    True Fact!!
    Big Winks and Smiles!  It was a sight, I'm sure for other drivers!!  Don could barely stand the drive. 
    BUT we did get the tables and chairs home and the house is still as beautiful as it always has been!
    Internet Hugs... HUGE!
    :) :)  This post was edited by Merlin at May 6, 2020 1:45 PM MDT
      May 5, 2020 7:24 PM MDT

Hello, my friends. Don, recover soon so that you don’t have to endure Merlie’s wrath. Married men worldwide know what you’re going through right now; you were trying to be heroic and manly, the plan went awry, you sustained a slight injury, and Madam I-Told-Ya-So just wont let it go. Don’t tell her what I’ve written to you here because she’ll just call my wife and turn me in, I’ll be in the doghouse along with you. Persevere, mi amigo. 

Merlie, leave Don alone. Nurse him back to health but don’t bug him. You need him back to doing manly heroics and heroic manly stuff as soon as possible.
      You don’t have to send me an exercise video of you working out, I was just joking. Our interaction on these AnswerMug pages is fine with me.  By the way, don’t read the part above that’s just for Don. 

~
      May 5, 2020 9:25 PM MDT

I'm so sorry to hear about Don.  I hope he heals soon.  

In this particular case, the gal is slim, so I don't have to watch all that fat jiggle around.  However, I also don't use FB to watch people work out - I use it to keep connected to friends and family.
      May 5, 2020 10:11 PM MDT

Happy! Happy!
    Some mornings I DO use a DVD.  It originally was a VHS tape.  It covers a bunch of stretches and does do cardio to a certain extent.
    It does Not, however, YELL at you and make you feel like an imbecile if you can't do it.
    I don't need someone yelling at me.  Encouraging me is much healthier for my soul. 
    FB is a great way to keep in touch.  In fact, it was there that Don was able to get in touch with his classmates and how we have made his 40th and 45th reunions.
    For this, Don and I have found FB to be a great outlet.  Don also used it for a while on one of his jobs.  It was the only way he seemed to be able to connect with the plumber.  Weird?  Yes.  But, non-the-less, it worked.
    Good for you SpunkySenior for using it to better your connections with friends and family!
    :) :)!! This post was edited by Merlin at May 6, 2020 5:04 PM MDT
      May 6, 2020 3:43 PM MDT

I think they are a great idea.. but to be fair I've been too busy!
      May 5, 2020 12:59 PM MDT

So true!  I think they are Great idea too.
    I have a feeling, though, my long lost friend, (It's super dooper Great to see you by the way!!)
    That is you are already busy enough, chances are, you are NOT sitting and needing to workout?!
    YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!
    And Congratulations on passing your final!!

HUGE HAPPY! HAPPY! To YOU!!!!

About that, incidentally...
    I know it might drive you crazy.  I don't want to plant the idea that it will but rather share with you a thought.
    You are smart.  We/I know that.  You worked HARD to accomplish all that was needed to reach the point you are today.  You braved through the downfalls when you knew you correct. (One of my MOST despised things is be blamed for something I didn't do, especially if I worked hard at being right as you did... Grrrrrrrowl and SNAPPY warning BITE!!)
    But most importantly, what I know about you is a very caring person who doesn't want to see others fall into the trap you were forced into.
    You care about your fellow students.
    You care about the time you invested in reaching your goal.
    YAAAA-WHOOOOO! :D! :D!
    It sounds like the balance you are searching for is knowing when to accept the accomplishment YOU HAVE DONE!
    YOU DID IT!  YOU GOT THE GOLD!!  It doesn't matter how many times you were right or wrong.
    What matters is you stuck it through and proved them, their little "numbers" and "status quo" didn't matter!  YOU were going to OUTSMART Them and YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The payoff is you.  
    You are a great example to many that may quit.
    I'm a glutton for caring too much for my fellow peer and other human beings.
    You said you have warned them.  It sounds like you will stand by their side, if need be, and see them through.
    My thought, as cold as it may sound is:
    Don't ever stop reaching for the stars, as my Grammie used to say but DO Remember to congratulate yourself along the way.
    Help others.  Rejoice in yourself.  YOU DID IT!!!  YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!! This post was edited by Merlin at May 6, 2020 1:45 PM MDT
      May 5, 2020 6:51 PM MDT

I tried. I really did. I miss my personal training sessions. I need feedback and attention.
      May 5, 2020 1:43 PM MDT

You know dot dot dot 
    You look marvelous every day!
    Big Safe, Happy, and Healthy Thoughts!
      May 5, 2020 6:56 PM MDT

Randall D, ever the stickler for detail, copiously jotted down this new bit of information in his ‘Operation Tame Jane’ dossier . . . 

“She needs feedback and attention”!  STAT!

~
      May 5, 2020 7:01 PM MDT

Tame Jane???
    And you posted yourself as Daffy Duck???

How did you think this was going to win you any points???

Even though I am a slight shadow in the Harem, I still love ya and all your personalities.

Still... did you really think this was gunna work?

May 5, 2020 7:16 PM MDT

1.  Jane S is my ultimate goal in life. Once I acquire her, I may even retire from having or needing a Harem, but don’t hold me to that like a promise. If she turns out to be a disappointment, I’ll dump her like a bad haircut and return to my former lifestyle. Starting over with a new Harem isn’t as easy as some might think it is.  I don’t need to win points with her; deep down inside she’s going cuckoo for some Randy Candy. 

1a. I made up “Operation Tame Jane” right on the spot as I was writing that post. I really wanted something that rhymed, but that’s the closest I got. Jane S is illusive, sure, but we all know it’s just an act. She wants me even more than I want her, and she knows it, but she’s playing coy, probably  because I’m married in real life. You know how they say that which you want most in life is when you can’t have someone or it’s difficult, so that’s what we’re seeing here. Therefore, I make it an entire process, a goal, to win her over. It’ll happen, it’ll happen. 

2.  Since childhood, my Number 1 fave cartoon character has been Daffy Duck. Number 2 is Grover from Sesame Street, and Number 3 is Bugs Bunny.

~

May 5, 2020 9:56 PM MDT

How do you dump a haircut?
      May 6, 2020 1:47 PM MDT

O.k. My cracking has given in to now FULL ON...
    I am in pieces laughing so much!
    Thanks for a great thread of fun!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :)~!!!!!!!...... and then some!!!! 
      May 6, 2020 3:52 PM MDT

I am beyond giggling and into Cracking Daffy-Duck-Style UP!!
      May 6, 2020 3:50 PM MDT

You are truly daffy.
      May 6, 2020 3:40 AM MDT

See, folks?  She can barely contain herself all the desire she feels for me. 

~
      May 6, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

Yay, Daffy!! My favorite!
    :)
      October 11, 2020 6:21 PM MDT

I walk around in my little woods. If it's not windy, I'll ride my bicycle. That's my daily exercise during this 'thing'.
      May 5, 2020 3:03 PM MDT

Big Grins!  Awesome!  Don't let it rule your world. 
    Be Safe and Happy and Healthy!
    Thanks B.H. Wilson!
    Oh, by the way, I thought of you the other night and truly appreciate you.  
    Many times I associate a personality and being with their avatar.  I couldn't remember yours and now I see why.
    You are a great person and maybe you might want to dignify your character with something other.
    Then again, maybe not.  
    Whatever the case may be, it is a pleasure  having you and your thoughts around.
    Thanks B.H. Wilson!
    ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at October 11, 2020 8:24 PM MDT
      May 5, 2020 6:59 PM MDT

Somewhere in my place I have a whole set of P90X workout DVDs - - I used to work out to them all the time until I  tried some other workouts with being physically with a group of other people-in-person.

Now, I can't find the DVDs. I hope to soon. 
    "P90X" are really great workouts.

And, yeah - - no surprise, I enjoy working out with this guy - Tony Horton (and some other guys with him, too, ha). There are women, too. All the people he chose for the workouts seem like fun people. They all talk with each other now and then through the workouts.

Ups Ab GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
      May 5, 2020 3:38 PM MDT

Due to the virus it's no longer called a "workout", but a "work-in".

What would a TV or a computer know about exercise?  I mean my TV has a 96"waist and my computer has been sitting in the same place now for over 6 years (talk about a sedentary lifestyle).  Not what you'd call a "poster child" for exercise.
      May 5, 2020 5:42 PM MDT