Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Which do you think is more annoying?

Which do you think is more annoying?

A) Muzak,  interrupted by "all representatives currently assisting other customers, please remain on the line for assistance" every 30 seconds

B) The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" on repeat

48 minutes and counting....

Posted - May 25, 2020

Responses

Man, you hit some high spots!  At my employer's phone you get scratchy muzak you never heard before.  
      May 25, 2020 11:17 AM MDT

EDIT: I hope you got through. :)  Waiting on the phone on hold can be annoying, though, yup. Now, my answer- -

Neither.

I truly like Muzak and so-called "elevator music"  -- music that so many other people seem to dislike.
    Yes, I own this book here -- "Elevator Music"

Buy Elevator Music: A Surreal History of Muzak, Easy-Listening ...

The only "Bitter Sweet Symphony" song I know is by The Verve. And I adore that song, too. I could listen to it on repeat a LONG time. :) :) :) In fact, I'm going to listen to it right now, ha! :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 6, 2020 7:28 AM MDT
      May 25, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

You're right! I always thought it was another "Oasis" song that I dislike! :)

I don't think I've ever heard another song by The Verve... and I'm perfectly fine with that! :P

I do, however, enjoy this by The Verve Pipe: 
      June 1, 2020 10:57 AM MDT

I'm listening -- boy, that guitar opening is gorgeous. I like his singing, too. I don't know this song- - I like this!The timing of my hearing this song for the very first time right now - - perfect! The song fits my mood at the moment. lovely song!

And that  Verve's"Bitter Sweet Symphony  - - flawless to me, ha!  I love it! But I also love how you said you thought it was another Oasis song you didn't like, ha! That's great, ha!
    :)
      June 1, 2020 7:33 PM MDT

I think they were a bit of a one-hit wonder, but it's definitely one of my fave 90's tunes! 

I thought you'd enjoy it... the lead singer is pretty cute, too! :)

I do like one Oasis song quite a lot, but prefer to hear someone else sing it. I think this version is nice:I'll let you keep Bittersweet Symphony all for yourself! ;)
      June 5, 2020 8:53 PM MDT

uh...i forgot the question...
    Jeez Louise ...why did i write that?
    oh yeah, i hate Muzak. This post was edited by Baba at June 1, 2020 10:57 AM MDT
      May 25, 2020 3:49 PM MDT

I figure you must have written something else before I got here to see this answer. :)
      May 25, 2020 4:02 PM MDT

1.  Your call is important to us.    SCREAM AT THE PHONE.

2.  The best of all possibilities (in my opinion) is a simple beep every 60 seconds so you know you haven't been disconnected.

I have made phone calls and written letters to companies explaining that advertising to customers while they are on hold is counterproductive.....and irritating as hell.......they are already customers.....why do you want to run them off? 
      May 25, 2020 6:49 PM MDT

Exactly!!

It's unbelievable that some companies have disconnected their customer service line entirely during the COVID-19 crisis and don't respond to emails either. I've had to file a dispute with my credit card company regarding a purchase I made in early April that was never delivered. 
      June 1, 2020 11:03 AM MDT

i think theyre all annoying
      June 22, 2020 4:55 PM MDT

Are we allowed to vote for all of the above?
    ~
      August 6, 2020 7:31 AM MDT

Yes. 
      August 6, 2020 7:44 PM MDT

August 6, 2020 7:44 PM MDT

My God, did Oasis do a cover of that? That gives me yet another reason to hate that arrogant toerag, Liam Gallagher.
      August 7, 2020 3:01 AM MDT