Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Think back to game shows you watched on TV when you were a child...

Think back to game shows you watched on TV when you were a child...

Can you personally see how any of them influenced your behavior today? How?

(ex. I watched a lot of Jeopardy. I'm a trivia nut.)

Posted - May 29, 2020

Responses

I'm watching Jeopardy as I write this.

I remember game shows from my childhood but not in detail and see no lasting impressions.
      May 29, 2020 5:35 PM MDT

What did you watch? Maybe we can make the connections for you. lol
      May 29, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

"The Price Is Right"

Sometimes when I'm, on the spur of the moment, trying to get someone to figure out some sort of answer involving numbers, I'll say "The High - Low Game!   -- 'Higher!- - Lower! " etc. until the other person gets the number.
    :)
      May 29, 2020 6:20 PM MDT

"You have a chance to win A BRAND NEW AUTOMOBILE!" 
      May 30, 2020 8:08 AM MDT

I don't know if they influenced me much, but I remember watching Jeopardy, Hollywood Squares, Let's Make a Deal, Password, Truth or Consequences, and The Dating Game. I also love watching reruns of "The Odd Couple" with Monty Hall and Allen Ludden as guest stars, featuring appearances by Felix and Oscar on Let's Make a Deal and Password.
      May 29, 2020 6:26 PM MDT

I watched: Let's Make a Deal, The Newlywed Game, Match Game, adn Hollywood Squares.

However, I don't think they influenced my life any.  I mean everyone knows that Dumb Dora first made whoopie behind curtain #2... right?  At least that's what Paul Lynde said for the win.
      May 29, 2020 7:14 PM MDT

Me too!!!
      May 30, 2020 2:11 PM MDT

Price is Right....I do price shop
    Card Sharks....I like blackjack
    Win Lose or Draw...I use art for my job
    Family Feud....?
    Wheel of Fortune...?
    20,000 Pyramid...?
    Press your Luck...?

This post was edited by my2cents at May 30, 2020 2:11 PM MDT
      May 29, 2020 8:11 PM MDT

The original “Family Feud” back in the 1970s with British actor Richard Dawson as the host. He kissed every woman contestant on her cheek or on her lips.  
    (Hey, wait a second.  You don’t suppose my watching that as a kid had anything to do with forming The Harem as an adult . . . ?)

~

May 30, 2020 12:01 AM MDT

:) :)!!
      May 30, 2020 2:11 PM MDT

Currently, you can watch just about any game show ever on GSN  or Buzzr  channels.
      May 30, 2020 8:10 AM MDT

Times were different was I was a kid or maybe it was my parents were child-rearing challenged.
    I'm not sure which but I know our tv was on for only specific reasons.
    The news when there was a crisis.
    The Johnny Carson show my dad watched religiously.
    Mutual of Ohama's Wild Kingdom.
    The Wonderful World of Disney.  It came on every Sunday night after the Wild Kingdom.
    YaAAAA!! That was the only TV my sister and I watched when we were young.
    After I was able to break out from the clutches of my parents TV restrictions, I ventured into watching, 
    The Family Feud with Richard Dawson.
    How did it change my life?  Knowing how to find answers to questions I would never ask.
    The Hollywood Squares.  
    It was my introduction to Hollywood humor.
    Match Game was one of my favorites.  The same idea of sexual innuendo and making a game of ridiculous questions. Richard Dawson was on this one too.  Not as the host but a player.
    Now that I look at it, I see a pattern forming.  I didn't realize.  I must have had a crush on Richard Dawson!!

This post was edited by Merlin at June 1, 2020 8:04 PM MDT
      May 30, 2020 2:29 PM MDT

I very much doubt it. I guess I've pretty much forgotten them. Let's see - there was The Price Is Right, Truth or Consequences, and one where they had to weird exercises all in a certain time frame - I forget the name. People Are Funny where they supposedly sent this young man all around the world for prize money they had put in the hat they gave him before he left.  Queen For A Day - was that a game show?
      May 30, 2020 3:44 PM MDT

Really only watched one to amount to anything and that was the Gong Show and it did influence me as a fun show.
      May 31, 2020 10:37 PM MDT

not really
      June 22, 2020 3:38 PM MDT