Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Is TexasEscimo to religion what Randy D is to grammar?

Is TexasEscimo to religion what Randy D is to grammar?

~

Posted - October 3, 2016

Responses

Riddle me this, Randall.

When you make a grammatical point, do you need to site 500 places to prove your point?  In as much as and further more and just in case you did not see how much work I put into this grammatical correction, let me just post a few book's worth of knowledge to convince you even further  that I  do not know how to communicate what so ever to anyone.

He still has no clue that you lose your reader when you talk and talk and talk AT him without checking in once in awhile to see if he is still awake.

That is the comparison.  So?

NOPE

(doesn't know a$$ from hole in ground, that one)
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 3, 2016 10:42 AM MDT
      October 3, 2016 10:34 AM MDT

Lol, thank you, my friend, for your vote and for your adorable way of getting it across!  (Listen, is there any chance you'd be interested in running for the U.S. presidency?)

:]
      October 3, 2016 10:41 AM MDT

Is there any way you can tell me how to change this blasted avatar?
      October 3, 2016 10:43 AM MDT

Click on the 'Edit my profile' link in your profile page.
    choose the tab 'edit my picture'
    use the 'select' button if you want to upload a picture from you computer (and you should).

The part I had trouble with was the the size of picture you use should be 48 by 48 pixels, if it is bigger you get shunted to a photo editor where I suppose you can cut it down to size. I never figured out how to get that to work. and did it myself in windows paint.
      October 3, 2016 11:28 AM MDT

Nah, people actually like your post. 
      June 10, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

I can't agree with such an analogy.

Grammar, like other truth, exists and is a proper object of study.

Randy D has actually studied grammar and understands how it is used---and I haven't seen him make a mistake on here related to grammar.

June 10, 2017 10:09 AM MDT

Thank you for your very kind words, Tom. 

(Those three dashes, however, trouble me. You should have used a comma instead.)
    ~
      June 10, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

I intended it not to be a compound sentence with a conjunction.  I wanted the words after the dash to stand out as a comment rather than a simple statement of fact.

I have some conflicts about how I use grammar on these Q & A sites.  Given the way the spaces after periods are ignored when answers show up on the "home" page, I sometimes use dashes instead of periods so the sentences maintain some spacing.  Also, while one dash would of course be more accurate, given the type size and the limitations of my older eyes, I prefer to "see" the more obvious spacing that 3 dashes provide me.

I sometimes eschew reviewing long statements I make for proper grammar for various reasons.  Somethings should be just off the top of my head and read as if I were actually being heard literally.  Sometimes I use both quotation marks and italics for words that should be in italics (and are designated by those quotation marks in longhand) to emphasize such words. And of course, sometimes I am just plain lazy---although I would prefer "tired."

I occasionally make a mistake (perhaps better designated as an "inadvertency")---"its" vs "it's" most recently, as you pointed out at the time---but I trust that even the ongoing task of proof reading what I write is a rather light burden most of the time.

Please continue to correct me any time you see fit.

Regards...
      June 10, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

Insinuating that I have no knowledge of religion. I've done a whole lot more study of the Bible than I have of religion as a whole. 

I know that to you, Catholicism and Catechisms trump the Bible. For me, the Bible is what guides my choice in religion.
      June 10, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

I'm not insinuating that you have no knowledge of religion---but for the purposes of clarity, I will state that I think that you have---for whatever reason---neither complete nor accurate understanding of what the bible really means---no matter how often and how much you quote the Watchtower.

And for more clarity, the beliefs I have provide a more complete understanding of reality than the beliefs that you have developed based on the resources to which you have limited yourself.

You might say that not only did I discover the "pearl of great price"  (as of course have many others besides me), I have found it contains many more riches than you so far have never even dreamed of ("in your philosophy").

June 10, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

June 10, 2017 3:27 PM MDT

Anyone that's studied the Bible know that the trinity, hell fire with immortal souls being tortured forever, worship of saints, burning people that translate the Bible or refuse to accept certain doctrines is not from God or Jesus. Sure, people always support you when your bashing Christians and it was pretty much foretold. Your Church has well over a thousand years of murder and torture that even your Catholic Encyclopedia admits to. I know it doesn't bother people with twisted hearts but God and Jesus don't like it.

(Luke 6:26) “Woe whenever all men speak well of you, for this is what their forefathers did to the false prophets.
    (2 Timothy 3:12) In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.
    (Matthew 23:29-31) “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you build the graves of the prophets and decorate the tombs of the righteous ones, 30 and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have shared with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 Therefore, you are testifying against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
    (Matthew 23:34, 35) For this reason, I am sending to you prophets and wise men and public instructors. Some of them you will kill and execute on stakes, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 so that there may come upon you all the righteous blood spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zech·a·riʹah son of Bar·a·chiʹah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.

EDIT: You also insinuate that I am always quoting the Watchtower. Most of my quotes are from the Bible and you know it.  This post was edited by texasescimo at June 10, 2017 9:01 PM MDT
      June 10, 2017 9:00 PM MDT

I'm truly amazed that you claim to know what "God and Jesus don't like" at the end of your first paragraph.  In that case, why bother to quote the bible?  Apparently you are the latest (false?) prophet the bible mentions, send to confuse those who love God. Perhaps years from now, we will publish the book of texasescimo as a collection of the most egregious errors in biblical interpretation.

And I will admit, I am embarrassed to remember various atrocities that were committed by the Church in the past, but I would be even more embarrassed by the past if I had every fallen for the errors that the Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to sell door to door.

You have used the Watchtower to confirm the the meanings you ascribe to your posts from the Bible---hardly a second independent source.  
      June 11, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

Quote from tom jackson: "I'm not insinuating that you have no knowledge of religion---but for the purposes of clarity, I will state that I think that you have---for whatever reason---neither complete nor accurate understanding of what the bible really means---no matter how often and how much you quote the Watchtower."

You can't tell a Bible quote from your own Bible so I understand how you would think that when I quote the Bible you somehow think I am quoting a Watchtower since you are not familiar with either.
    Here is one example where I quote from the Catholic New Jerusalem Bible and you accused me of using my own version of the Bible. Click on the link and see how you so humbly(not) apologized:

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/28294/should-god-have-destroyed-the-old-earth-and-created-a-new-planet/view/page/2
    •    April 27, 2017 12:53 PM PDT

Thank you for your opinion. Talk about "Writing so much and saying so little", lol.

"converteth", do people really talk like that around you?

For centuries your Church forbade people from reading the Bible in their own language and only allowed in Latin, if at all by the laity at that time? A lot of words in the English language have changed over the last 4 centuries and there is nothing especially holy about using 16th century English.

Not sure if you are allowed to say God's name in Hebrew or English outside of Church as  I know you are not allowed to say it in Church anymore but what to you make of the Father being the only true God and the Hebrew Yahweh being His name?

Ex 3:15 God further said to Moses, 'You are to tell the Israelites, "Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you." This is my name for all time, and thus I am to be invoked for all generations to come.
      Joel 3:5 (NJB AKA Joel 2:32)  All who call on the name of Yahweh will be saved, for on Mount Zion will be those who have escaped, as Yahweh has said, and in Jerusalem a remnant whom Yahweh is calling.
      Ps 83:18 Let them know that you alone bear the name of Yahweh, Most High over all the earth.
      John 17:1-3 After saying this, Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said: Father, the hour has come: glorify your Son so that your Son may glorify you;

2 so that, just as you have given him power over all humanity, he may give eternal life to all those you have entrusted to him.

3 And eternal life is this: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

April 27, 2017 2:39 PM PDT

Just aren't comfortable without your own version of the Bible, are you?  And I guess you never learned to speak Latin in high school.
    This post was edited by texasescimo at June 11, 2017 4:22 PM MDT
      June 11, 2017 4:20 PM MDT

Quote form texasescimo: "Your Church has well over a thousand years of murder and torture that even your Catholic Encyclopedia admits to. I know it doesn't bother people with twisted hearts but God and Jesus don't like it."
    Quote from tom jackson: "I'm truly amazed that you claim to know what "God and Jesus don't like" at the end of your first paragraph"

Sorry, I thought that was common knowledge that God and Jesus don't like murder and torture. Forgot that Catholics don't know much about the God of the Bible.

(John 16:2, 3) Men will expel you from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he has offered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me.
      June 11, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

Your quote: Sorry, I thought that was common knowledge that God and Jesus don't like murder and torture.

It is common knowledge that God often ordered the Israelites to go to war with other nations (1 Samuel 15:3; Joshua 4:13). God ordered the death penalty for numerous crimes (Exodus 21:12, 15; 22:19; Leviticus 20:11). So, God is not against killing in all circumstances, but only murder. War is never a good thing, but sometimes it is a necessary thing. In a world filled with sinful people (Romans 3:10-18), war is inevitable. God ordered the Israelites to “take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites” (Numbers 31:2). Deuteronomy 20:16-17 declares, “However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them…as the LORD your God has commanded you.”
      June 11, 2017 6:07 PM MDT

The Israelites going to war is not the same as the murder and torture that your Church has perpetrated. I see how your Church has twisted things to get Catholics to think it is normal though.

EDIT: Antibiotic, it would be a little more honest to give the source of your information rather than just copy and pasting something from another site and pretending that it is your own. Adding a few words in front of it really doesn't make it your own. Also, the site you quoted from wasn't trying to say that they support murder and torture. In fact, even the part you quoted shows that they do not think that murder is a good thing:

https://www.gotquestions.org/war-Bible.html
    Question: "What does the Bible say about war?"
    " So, God is not against killing in all circumstances, but only murder" This post was edited by texasescimo at June 12, 2017 2:23 AM MDT
      June 11, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

I actually went back to April 27th and read most of your torturous reasoning (well actually I skimmed it---and after I removed the detritus, there was nothing of substance left to evaluate.)

And I found no apology from me to you---humble or otherwise. But I never apologize for speaking the truth---although I will say in general that I do regret that some people are occasionally incapable of understanding what I say.  

And while I can certainly understand why I might have expressed such a regret to you and about you, I am disinclined to be overly polite in disagreeing with any (and all) the errors you spread.

And my comment about you quoting the Watchtower refers to your posting excerpts from it to attempt to validate your beliefs and (attempt) to explain your reasoning behind them.

You and I apparently agree that a God exists.  As far as His nature and whether or not generation and spiration occurred in the trinity and pretty much anything else He may have attempted to communicate to the humans He created, I suspect you will not change your mind---and you should understand why I cannot and will not change mine.

"Some bible beliefs have to be wrong."  Do you really want to try to share any more of them with me?
      June 11, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

Quote: "And I found no apology from me to you---humble or otherwise".
    Your understanding of sarcasm is on par with your understanding of scripture. Obviously when you claimed I was quoting from the NWT when I was quoting from the NJB you should have apologized for your misunderstanding but instead you turned it back on me. 

The rest of your post is just a bunch of garbage, not that that wasn't garbage in itself.
      June 11, 2017 7:28 PM MDT

Not to religion in general, just to a particular denomination. Tom, antib, Miss Towel and yours truly also put our oar in here and there. 
    Tex is wedded to his own interpretation of the Word. That's okay, everybody does that - the original Greek NT is ambiguous in places and the Hebrew OT even more so. It's only when it descends into "I'm-right-therefore-everyone-else-is-wrong" that it becomes tiresome. Part of loving thy neigbour has to involve letting them have their own opinion, imo.
      June 11, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

In a nut shell, Tom says that I cannot know that God and Jesus don't like murder and torture. Antibiotic goes as far as to give scriptures that he thinks support his Church committing murder and torture. Are you with them on that?
      June 11, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

No, but neither am I prepared to concede that the JWs are correct, either. The assertion that Yeshua is the Archangel Michael is arrant nonsense, with the Word stretched entirely out of shape to give it any substance at all.
    I've got into arguments with members of my own Church over the identity of the Holy Spirit - She is Yeshua's Sister, His ELDER Sister since El revealed Her first. You can't find that in English, but try reading the first nine chapters of Proverbs in Hebrew (paying particular attention to chapter 8). It helps if you know that "amon" isn't actually a proper word in Hebrew at all, it's a play on "ammon" and "amun", Solomon was known for punning.
      June 11, 2017 8:34 PM MDT

Quote: "No, but neither am I prepared to concede that the JWs are correct, either. The assertion that Yeshua is the Archangel Michael is arrant nonsense, with the Word stretched entirely out of shape to give it any substance at all."

That response really is puzzling to me. What does God and Jesus liking murder and torture have to do with rather or not Jesus is Michael? 
      June 12, 2017 2:07 AM MDT

Seems Jehovah's Witnesses are as bad as ISIS members with a mission from God to cleanse the world of sinners.
    No wonder Russia wants them out.

Click here.
      June 12, 2017 5:09 AM MDT