Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What happens after the last days?

What happens after the last days?

Posted - June 18, 2020

Responses

Gee, if they’re truly last, then nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

Physics 101.

~

June 18, 2020 3:03 PM MDT

Context 101?
    Shouldn't the Last days of what be considered?
    What happened after the last days of the the Jewish system of things that culminated in the destruction of the temple and the Jewish way of living in 70 C.E., nothing?

I am referring to the last days as spoken of by Jesus, Paul, Peter, John etc.

EDIT: See if this helps clear it up.

(2 Peter 3:3-7) First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.
    (Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

This post was edited by texasescimo at June 18, 2020 3:30 PM MDT
      June 18, 2020 3:15 PM MDT

Context: I’m only joking.

There are a lot of concepts and concerns espoused on here that I don’t take very seriously. 

<

June 18, 2020 3:43 PM MDT

Gotcha, I like to joke around a lot to. God's sovereignty is a serious issue that has been challenged by Satan some 6,000 years ago. Man has tried every kind of government to rule himself without God to no avail. Jesus is the one that Jehovah has designated to have the legal right to rule mankind. Everyone has to choose who they will follow.

I think I have seen before that you have some belief in God and the Bible? Have you thought about why a loving God would allow suffering?
    Some reasons I have been given by some I meet in the ministry when asking them why God allows suffering are
    1. People suffer and die because God needs another angel. For example years ago a little girl in Argyle fell in and drowned in a septic tank while playing hide and seek. Back then when it was in the news we were talking about it with a business associate. She said something like wasn't that wonderful that all of those people were looking all over the property for her but God kept them from finding her because he needed another angel.
    2. A common response is that God is testing us to see if we are good enough to go to heaven.
    3. Another one is that God does not allow suffering, it is just what we perceive. We need to get in touch with our inner self because God is within us.

None of those seem comforting to me as I know suffering is real as well as what the scriptures say as to why it is being temporarily allowed. The scriptures show that suffering is not from God. Job 34:10 So listen to me, you men of understanding: It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, For the Almighty to do wrong! James 1:13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.

The answers are in God's word. Video: Why Does God Allow Suffering? https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/good-news-from-god/why-god-allows-evil-and-suffering/video-why-suffering/
      June 18, 2020 5:18 PM MDT

~

June 18, 2020 6:09 PM MDT

Well then who is going to correct my grammar?
    One question then:
    Why does a loving God allow suffering?
      June 18, 2020 6:13 PM MDT

(Comma after the words "Well" and "then".)

Just as God grants us free will, we have to options to use it for good or for evil.  God does not make us follow Him, does not force us to follow Him, does not intervene when we are doing evil, which means that if and when we cause suffering, it is our own fault, not God's "fault".  By the same token, Satan does not force people to sin, or make people sin, Satan merely presents us with a choice to sin, and the ultimate decision is up to us.  God presents one choice, Satan presents an opposite and completely different choice.

One man's understanding.

~
      June 18, 2020 6:31 PM MDT

I agree with that but I don't think you quite get what I am getting at.

So are there no innocent victims or did they choose to be victimized? Did the black people and Native Americans choose to be treated horribly, did the Jews and others choose to be tortured and murdered?
      June 18, 2020 7:25 PM MDT

What?  What don't you take very seriously?
      June 18, 2020 6:03 PM MDT

Too numerous to name, my dear, far too numerous to name.  I might take a particular topic seriously but not every single post about that topic, or I might joke about a particular topic all the time and then suddenly write something seriously about it.  I don't believe I have any that I could name wherein I'm 100% across the board serious or 100% across the board silly.  Heck, as an example, just look at grammar.  You know how near and dear it is to me, yet I go from deadly serious about it to completely silly.
    ~
      June 18, 2020 6:19 PM MDT

June 18, 2020 3:19 PM MDT

Who will be around to enjoy it?
    ~
      June 18, 2020 3:42 PM MDT

The film "Last Days" followed by the Netflix series.
      June 18, 2020 6:11 PM MDT

Since the last day will be on a Thursday, I guess the next day will be Friday with nobody to enjoy it.
      June 18, 2020 7:53 PM MDT

The universe 'crunches down' to a single black hole then 'big bangs' into a new universe. 
    Big bounce theory. 
      June 18, 2020 8:32 PM MDT

Wow, do I get to be reincarnated?  I want to pick my next life!

~
      June 18, 2020 9:20 PM MDT

Yeah,  what species do you want to come back as and which planet do you wish to spend your lifetime on?
    I ain't too sure about reincarnation but I don't think it is an impossibility. I don't believe in the karma thing though. 
    Once I die I just want to be left alone in a peaceful existence.  I think life existence was a stupid idea; too much suffering. 
      June 18, 2020 10:13 PM MDT

The sky splits and the plants hit - balls of jade drop and existance stops - stops - stops - stops. Actually  I stole  that from Patti Smith so I'm not really  sure  if that is what will happen after the last days. But what I do know for sure is after the last days I won't be able to steal lyrics anymore - oh well heart break hotel. Cheers!
      June 18, 2020 9:47 PM MDT

Genesis 2.0
      June 18, 2020 11:51 PM MDT

Last days of what? 
    God's Millinium?
    The world?
    The month? 
    The year? 
    My life? 
    Etc..... 
      June 20, 2020 5:44 AM MDT

(2 Timothy 3:1-13) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. ...
      June 20, 2020 6:04 AM MDT

Jesus returns to reign and rule for the Millinium. Then He will return the kingdom to God the Father. This post was edited by my2cents at June 20, 2020 8:20 AM MDT
      June 20, 2020 7:17 AM MDT

Reign over whom?
      June 20, 2020 8:18 AM MDT

All on the Earth. 
      June 20, 2020 8:21 AM MDT