Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How long do we have to wait for the left-wingers on here to denounce Joe Biden for his demeaning statement about Black people?

How long do we have to wait for the left-wingers on here to denounce Joe Biden for his demeaning statement about Black people?

[Disclaimer: the AnswerMug administration changed the wording of my question above due to their position that I violated a policy that applies to something I am not allowed to do for penalty of being permanently banned from this website.  The change in wording and the substitution they selected severely alter the gist of my post, so without committing the offense, I have edited their change by choosing words that satisfy not only my meaning but also remains within their policy.

August 7, 2020 US presidential candidate Joe Biden (D) stayed in part:

“By the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things,”

Within minutes or hours of Biden uttering those words, the Biden camp issued a press release clarifying what he actually meant as opposed to what he actually said. Gee, sounds exactly like what happens whenever Biden’s opponent says something stupid, and then the Trump camp issues a press release to explain what was actually meant as opposed to what Trump actually said.

I’ll just wait patiently for the hate-filled, venomous, name-calling, incredulous, wild-eyed, end-of-the-world denouncement of Biden to come from those who despise ignorant and inaccurate statements coming from a politician who seeks the highest office in the country. 

Oh, excuse me?  What’s that you say?  There will only be either utter silence about it or a litany of excuses as to why it’s different, why it makes sense to them, why Biden should be forgiven . . . ?

Companion post: 

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/112770/where-is-the-liberal-left-s-righteous-indignation-when-democrats

Posted - August 6, 2020

Responses

I denounce him for a variety of reasons. I denounce him so much that I'm glad I don't have to feel like I HAVE to vote for him to vote against Trump. (I live in a very red state). 
      August 6, 2020 7:34 PM MDT

The best thing Biden could do is to win the election, then drop dead a week after his inauguration.
      August 7, 2020 3:16 AM MDT

That would depend on whom he chooses as his Vice President.
      August 7, 2020 9:13 AM MDT

CNN Editor already suggested Biden "step aside" for Harris. 

Cillizza:  "whose resume suggests being ready to step in, if and when Biden decides to step aside."

August 13, 2020 12:50 PM MDT

Don't hold your breath. 
      August 7, 2020 10:27 AM MDT