Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » What is the most impressive street performance that you have seen?

What is the most impressive street performance that you have seen?

Posted - August 11, 2020

Responses

Back in the late 80's, there were just two street corner blues clowns you might say in Harvard Square and one has a harmonica and the other had a banjo and sang. Incredible! I thought it was for me! They were bouncing up and down with facial expressions about 2 in the morning! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 11, 2020 12:43 PM MDT
      August 11, 2020 10:01 AM MDT

• That sounds pretty awesome, lol.  It'd get my attention for sure. 
      August 11, 2020 12:44 PM MDT

Well, the performance itself was later, but let’s just say that the coming attractions were exhibited on the street . . . 

~

August 11, 2020 10:48 AM MDT

• I hope the reviews that came after the feature presentation didn't include burning urination, discharge, or sores. 
      August 11, 2020 12:43 PM MDT

one time I saw a guy with his balls hanging out of his shorts 
      August 11, 2020 10:58 AM MDT

August 11, 2020 11:34 AM MDT

• So a juggling act.  I hope you tossed him some coin. 
      August 11, 2020 12:39 PM MDT

looking back I think it may have been a pedo. there was a bunch of children including myself and this guy just letting it all hang out, no way he didn’t feel that draft 
    i hope he’s dead now 
      August 11, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

• This took a dark turn...didn't know children were involved.  Hopefully he is out of society. 
      August 11, 2020 1:16 PM MDT

yeah considering the area he prob died of a heroin over dose or something 
      August 11, 2020 7:06 PM MDT

Kinfo singing and playing The Story Of Old King on the streets of Cambell River. Kinfo is a famous Vancouver Island Jug band that started out as buskers. Cheers!
      August 11, 2020 11:13 AM MDT

• If you could join a jug band which instrument would you want to play?  I can't see myself ever wanting to playing anything besides the washboard. 
      August 11, 2020 12:41 PM MDT

Probably the upside down washtub that has a broom stick in the center of it and there is a string  on the stick that runs down  to the tub and when you pulll on the string it makes a reverb twangy sound. Cheers!
      August 11, 2020 12:51 PM MDT

• That's a good one too.  We should start a band. 
      August 11, 2020 12:52 PM MDT

I can’t settle on a most impressive street performance because I have been going to Busker festivals for almost every summer of my life as long as I can remember. Not this summer though, meh.  

I do have a most memorable one though. He was at one of the festivals I went to maybe 7ish years ago, juggled footballs and danced. He pulled me out of the audience at the start to be part of his show. I was absolutely mortified lol. I had to grab any of his footballs when he dropped them juggling and he put some weird red cape or apron thing on me. Would keep making comments to the audience about me grabbing his balls-_- It’s all kind of a blur to me now Cos I was just kind of waiting for it to be over. At the end he sat me in a chair and did some weird non strip tease dance to me. Pretty much scarred me for life and I never made my way up to from row for a busker festival again lol... I found a video of the busker who put me through this torture so posting him here.... I never forget the names of my enemies:) Also,I really remember how sweaty he was and awful he smelled... don’t bother watch the whole video... but can’t you just tell by the first few seconds he smells like axe body spray and BO? SCARED ME FOR LIFE :)  thanks remind me all this....

August 11, 2020 5:32 PM MDT

Just watch --- I get tears of joy every time I watch and listen - - heartwarming for me to the extreme

EDIT: never mind - - it won't post

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 11, 2020 7:20 PM MDT
      August 11, 2020 7:19 PM MDT

It was a few decades ago in Belfast. A street performer (I assume that's what he was) made a whole row of shops disappear into a tumble of rubble - and in broad daylight, there was no trickery that I could see. People were screaming with excitement and delight.   
      September 4, 2020 6:44 AM MDT