Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » What are some of your favorite songs, if any, by the groups Gladys Knight and the Pips, The Jackson 5, The Commodores, or The Temptations?

What are some of your favorite songs, if any, by the groups Gladys Knight and the Pips, The Jackson 5, The Commodores, or The Temptations?

~

Posted - September 7, 2020

Responses

September 7, 2020 11:36 AM MDT

September 7, 2020 1:21 PM MDT

I started to listen to Gladys Knight and The Pips. I admit that Knight could probably sing anything and I'd be in her corner. And The Pips do more than just sing the background to me - - it 's the combination of all of them together that works for me.

"Neither One of Us"

"I've Got To Use My Imagination"

"Dancing Machine"     The Jackson 5

EDIT: Okay - I tried twice to post two videos of the song. Neither will post. Oh, well.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 9, 2020 7:02 AM MDT
      September 8, 2020 7:53 PM MDT

And I have to add a Commodores song - - but they would not be so happy with my reason for liking to listen to the song "Easy"- -

I laugh every time I hear it at the BORING-to-me background part that the guys have to sing behind Ritchie - - over and over it happens in the song - - " Ah  Ah  Ah  Ah   --  Ah   Ah   Ah   Ah "   Ha!!

I know they're all talented but I will bet any of us here on the site could also sing those boring " Ah  Ah   Ah   Ah " 's   over and over. :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 9, 2020 6:43 AM MDT
      September 8, 2020 8:03 PM MDT

Not a fan of the first three although some of Mike and Lionel's solo stuff was okay.

I used to do this one with my band, The Milwaukee Groove:
      September 8, 2020 10:23 PM MDT