Discussion » Questions » Communication » What is the most pointless spam/telemarketing call you've ever received?

What is the most pointless spam/telemarketing call you've ever received?

I just received a call with the following recording:

"This is a test call.  The time to stay home is now.  Stay home and stay safe . This was a test call."

Posted - September 24, 2020

Responses

I did just that in my various telemarketing positions in 25 years solid. I called for Vistana Resorts for Time Share vacations and invite them to a buffet and some free pen packs included I think. That was 1989 and I don't believe they are still in existence.  This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 24, 2020 5:26 PM MDT
      September 24, 2020 12:50 PM MDT

Ha, it was around late 80’s when we were doing those trips :) 
      September 24, 2020 12:51 PM MDT

It is. I might call them to ask yet. 

Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc., an operating business of Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation, designs, builds, manages and maintains resort properties under the Westin and Sheraton brands, ensuring the highest quality standards.

Through exclusive license agreements, we will continue to develop products primarily within these two signature brands. By leveraging these highly recognizable brands, plus Gold Elite status in Marriott Bonvoy, Vistana drives value for customers by delivering exceptional levels of service and programming that are unique to the brands and distinct in the market.

September 24, 2020 12:55 PM MDT

Meat salesman. 
      September 24, 2020 5:31 PM MDT

What if he’s just giving it away for free? Interested?

~

September 24, 2020 6:30 PM MDT

Energy companies wanting me to switch to them. I work for one, so I get employee rates.
      September 24, 2020 10:32 PM MDT