Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you think life is a grand illusion?

Do you think life is a grand illusion?

Posted - October 9, 2020

Responses

No, I think our life existence is an all natural experience and on the other side of life there may  be the all 'supernatural'. existence. This post was edited by Kittigate at October 10, 2020 8:34 AM MDT
      October 9, 2020 11:22 PM MDT

What's the other side of life? Death? 
      October 10, 2020 8:03 AM MDT

Yes, after the body is deceased and we lose all of our natural functions of awareness. This post was edited by Kittigate at October 10, 2020 9:09 AM MDT
      October 10, 2020 8:27 AM MDT

I suppose we shall all see one day. I remain skeptically hopeful as of today. 
      October 10, 2020 8:31 AM MDT

I don't think we are  ever 100% dead but some sort of different dimension of existence.
      October 10, 2020 8:41 AM MDT

Maybe. 
      October 10, 2020 8:43 AM MDT

When the body is dead your awareness 
    is still alive and well...You are not the body.
    It is just simply where we live when in the physical world.
      October 10, 2020 8:38 AM MDT

All right.
      October 10, 2020 8:44 AM MDT

How would any living human being know for sure what it’s like to be dead?  We can all speculate and opine, we can base our beliefs on teachings and inspirations from our respective higher powers for those of us who think that way, but even then, various versions exist as to what an afterlife entails, up to and including beliefs in a vast nothingness.
    ~

October 10, 2020 9:13 AM MDT

I'm familiar with a number of persons who are obviously dead from the neck up---perhaps you could design a poll for them to take that might give us at least some insight into what that's like.
      October 10, 2020 2:26 PM MDT

There were many times from childhood and into my mid twenties that I used to speculate that “life” was really just a gigantic soundstage and that either all people were merely performers acting out their roles, or alternatively that I was a performer in someone else’s life drama, other times I was the only real person and all others were performers. Not all “people” are real, some are beings other than human, some are robotic.  That explained why touching and personal space had such deeply set protocols among us; less likelihood of discovering the deception. I never did ascertain who controlled the marionette strings, it varied from a Higher Being to a theatrical entity to a race of beings to a research group to an unknown. 
      So elaborate were these visions that I believed sleep was a ruse to have enough time and privacy to change sets, change costumes, even change characters. Travel was also a ruse: the reason ships, trains and places planes are enclosed vessels and move in such ways that deny the opportunity to interact with the surroundings is so that sets could be changed. It was so intricate that temperature, smells, attire, languages, accents, scenery, etc all had to be recreated.
      “Coincidences” were actually preplanned in many cases, a role player would “happen” along because it was written that way.
      Lastly, memories were scripts that had been planted in our brains, but in order to create an entire lifetime of them, it was impossible for any person to remember everything in his or her past, which is why certain things remain in the forefront while others get lost. Not only the most important things remain as strong memories; which is why trivia is do fascinating to some people. Conversely, sometimes extremely important things get forgotten, mainly because of the sensory overload.

My extensive reading from a very young age of fantasy, fiction, science fiction, history, and my enthrallment with movies all have a lot to do with these lines of thinking. 

~

This post was edited by Randy D at October 10, 2020 9:19 PM MDT
      October 10, 2020 6:22 AM MDT

You must have really enjoyed "The Truman Show", based on this line of thinking! 

Such thoughts never crossed my mind until much more recently, when I discovered places like answerMug. 

Thank you for the insight. 
      October 10, 2020 8:15 AM MDT

I thought of that movie, too, as I read Randy D's answer. :)
      October 10, 2020 9:01 AM MDT

I thought “The Truman Show” was kind of boring. I guess that’s just because it didn’t live up to my expectations, so I was probably already a little cynical before seeing it or jaded or prejudiced against it.  It came out at least a decade after the time period I referenced in my answer above, so I wasn’t receptive to its premise.  I had read far too much classic literature and seen better films by then too. 

~

October 10, 2020 9:08 AM MDT

I didn't so much like that movie, either. :)
      October 10, 2020 9:54 AM MDT

LOL, buddy, you and I are more alike every day that goes by!  It’s getting to be an everyday thing!

smiley-smile.gif

IMG_2586.jpeg

IMG_2589.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg

IMG_2593.jpeg

IMG_2592.jpeg

IMG_2594.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

Hey, wait . . . 

smiley-surprised.gif

IMG_2596.jpeg

But!

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_2599.jpeg

The End!

October 10, 2020 10:58 AM MDT

None of your pictures opened, all I see are ? in a blue box. 
      October 10, 2020 11:31 AM MDT

And I put so much effort into them, too. Captions on each one of them and everything. Grrrrrr.

Can any of you folks see the graphics?

:(

October 10, 2020 11:34 AM MDT

I couldn't see any of them, either. Darn. Along with your text --"Hey, wait," "But" and "The End," I see a lot of "IMG' with jpeg numbers. And the words for two gifs -- "smiley smile" and "smiley- surprised."
    :(

But I appreciate your effort! I know it's great!
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 11, 2020 11:46 AM MDT
      October 10, 2020 6:11 PM MDT

I tried to watch it many years ago.  Maybe 10 minutes was all I could stomach.  When I realized he was being made a fool of and his personal boundaries were not respected I stopped watching. Even now just the thought of this innocent guy being used makes my skin crawl.  It also may be the reason I "cannot stand" the "you've been punked" shows.  It angers me to no end.  There is nothing funny about taking advantage of the innocence of a persons heart. I compare it to shooting animals for the "fun" of it.  Grrrrrrrr
      October 10, 2020 11:09 AM MDT

You know something, I didn’t remember that nuance of the movie until you mentioned it here, and I never put the two together, the prank TV shows, that is, until you made the connection here. You’re absolutely right!  I don’t tune into those shoes shows either. Wait, do I now have to do another photo montage of how you and I are alike? (Referring to Welby’s montage, lol.)
    ~

This post was edited by Randy D at October 11, 2020 11:46 AM MDT
      October 10, 2020 11:22 AM MDT

Knowing you feel the same way about those things makes me very :   ) happy. 
      October 10, 2020 11:30 AM MDT

(I'm with you there, too. )
      October 10, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

As I said, based on that line of thinking (the youthful Randy's thinking). 

Congrats on finding that typo. 

I enjoyed it. The product placements were hilarious to me. 
      October 10, 2020 2:32 PM MDT