Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » Is there anything Italian about you? If so, how does it manifest itself? ~

Is there anything Italian about you? If so, how does it manifest itself? ~

Posted - December 3, 2020

Responses

Love skiing in the Aosta Valley.
    Love dropping in from Zermat to have a cheap lunch in Italy
    Love heading to Milan for short weekend breaks. Pace in Milan is one of my favorite Old School Restaurants
    Hate anything South of Tucany, this at least qualifies me for Northern League Membership
    Sicily & Sardinia are two amazing places to visit, the cuisine is excellent, Wines Superb
    Know where most Speed Cameras (Auto Cop) are between France and Tuscany.  Same goes from a starting point of Graz.

The final nail, I hate the traffic in Turin
      December 18, 2020 8:52 AM MST

With this, I initially think your a fruitcake snob who has a mind to be rude. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at December 18, 2020 8:55 AM MST
      December 18, 2020 8:55 AM MST

Of course I am rude,  Fruitcake maybe.

Now Italy for me on the shortest flight from Wien (Vienna, AT) is about 45 Minutes.  Wien to Milan and weekend fares can be had in normal times for around 45€ on Air Nukki.  I live in the 19th Bizerk in Wien which does make me a snob Wünderkind, 200 meters from my flat there is wineyard in the Wienerwald.

Note in the Days before Covid Italy in general, and Sardinia specifically were cheap Holidays with good food. A long weekend with airefare in Sardinia would run between 300-400 €.  Personally I do not like Umbria or anything going down to the Toe.  Things improve when you head over to Sicily
      December 18, 2020 9:10 AM MST

I reacted negatively to Cosmic's unjust reply.

I've never seen you exhibit rudeness on this site, nor any sign of fruitcakeship.

Just because someone lives an expensive lifestyle doesn't mean that they disdain others who can't. 

This post was edited by inky at December 20, 2020 5:17 AM MST
      December 19, 2020 1:19 PM MST

Sounds like you have learned how to live. 
      December 19, 2020 6:58 PM MST

We do OK and take advantage of what is offered
      December 20, 2020 2:57 AM MST