Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Can we ever really understand ourselves?

Can we ever really understand ourselves?

What are the benefits that come from studying how the human mind works?

Posted - December 5, 2020

Responses

Yes, it's possible. 
      December 5, 2020 2:40 PM MST

Mmm - wonderful! :)
      December 6, 2020 1:52 AM MST

Practicing awareness will teach you a lot about yourself, some of which you may not want to know.
      December 5, 2020 5:39 PM MST

Totally agree - and to be honest, I'd rather know and be aware of the unpleasant bits than not. At least then I have a chance of dealing with them appropriately.
      December 6, 2020 1:53 AM MST

I believe there can be and are numerous benefits, many more than I could enumerate or list. One factor is the retrospective look at how certain lines of thinking led to certain decisions or actions or failures to decide or failures to act. Another factor is revisiting mistakes and seeking corrective future paths. Finally, a third factor is preventive in nature, because patterns or trends may trigger warnings that lead to more cautious sojourning for those who take advantage of the studying.  Or, it might help get Vegemite wiped off the face of the planet once  and for all. Meh, call me an optimist.
    ~

December 5, 2020 5:40 PM MST

You rock it, my friend.
    Thank you for your fulsome answer! :)
      December 6, 2020 1:54 AM MST

To varying degrees, most of us can. 

One of the greatest benefits that can come is increased compassion and empathy. 
      December 5, 2020 8:31 PM MST

I love this answer!
    Thank you, and I agree.
      December 6, 2020 1:51 AM MST