Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you ever randomly hear a song that you haven't heard for a long time and then you need to listen

Do you ever randomly hear a song that you haven't heard for a long time and then you need to listen

to it 100 times?  

I do. 

Posted - January 30, 2021

Responses

The second part of that, the need to hear it a whole bunch of times after that, I don’t go that far, but I truly love suddenly and unexpectedly hearing the oldies that have fallen by the wayside. 

~

January 30, 2021 5:15 PM MST

It happens to me pretty regularly. Sometimes I burn myself out. 

I heard this on the Netflix series 'Ozark'. Some good tunes in it. 
      January 30, 2021 7:59 PM MST

Yeah, that'd be me, too -- not needing to hear it a whole lot of times but loving when I hear something dear.

But I'm open to listening to something a lot, too. :)
      February 1, 2021 5:52 PM MST

No. I do not like hearing a song repeat. 
    There are too many good songs out to have to listen to a song more than once a day.
      January 30, 2021 5:31 PM MST

To each their own!
      January 30, 2021 7:59 PM MST

I'm taking your mac/cheese and tuna away from you for that one.
    :)

And I didn't see your answer here before I had posted in the thread about my infamous "Adele Daigle" question, ha!
    I did hear another song again by Daigle not too long ago that I liked much better than "You Say" but I can't remember the title.
      February 1, 2021 5:56 PM MST

Them is fightin' words Welby.... :)

Hearing a old song I like may make me go listen gother songs by the same artist but still not the same song over and over.  That was how I used to decide it was time to change the radio station.  At the first repeat I flipped to another one. Variety is the spice of life.
    Glad you found one by her that you liked. 
      February 1, 2021 6:10 PM MST

I do get your point, too.

I, too, often go find other songs by the same group or singer.

I've only heard about three or four songs by her, I think. Other than "You Say," I've liked them. And I know I'm nit-picking but I think I'd like "You Say" better if the background choir weren't a part of the song -- I remember I was driving in my car late at night the first time I heard the song and the choir's first entrance in the song had me actually jump in my car seat - - they're too loud to me, ha. And overpowering for my taste. I think I'd prefer to hear just the quietness of Daigle's voice on that song. :)

February 1, 2021 6:21 PM MST

It has happened but not really a hundred times.  So many old songs have been and are being recycled I hear unknown songs and realize they are known, very known songs.  I have found them online to listen to a couple times.  Some of the new versions are really good, some not so much.
      January 30, 2021 5:59 PM MST

Yes, I was exaggerating. Since I first heard this one a few days ago, I've probably listened 10 times. 

I agree. There's so much great music we'll never hear. I do love the old ones that transport us back in time. 
      January 30, 2021 8:01 PM MST

“Always” by Atlantic Starr, 1987.

“When Doves Cry” by Prince and the Revolution, 1984.

“Dirty Laundry” by Don Henley, 1982.

“Lovely Day” by Bill Withers, 1977.

“Take A Letter, Maria” by R.B. Greaves, 1969.

I have hundreds of songs saved, since reading your question, I set them on ‘Shuffle’ and among the dozens that played, these five above are random selections that I haven’t heard in ages.  I love all of them, they’re great tunes.
    ~

January 30, 2021 7:28 PM MST

Nice. I heard "Always" the other day on the radio and I remembered how much we (my friends and I) liked it and also realized how incredibly sappy it is. Serious sap.

All good songs. Thanks for sharing them! 
      January 30, 2021 8:05 PM MST

Yup -- I like all of these songs. I enjoyed listening.  

When I'm driving, if anything comes on the car radio stations by Prince, there the station stays. I never lose.

I heard Withers' "Lean On Me"  several days ago and thought of you. Another great one.

But we all know that crap is king, so maybe I'm just full of it.  
    ;)

February 1, 2021 6:03 PM MST

Wait until Welby returns!  He’ll love this entire question thread! (I just sent him a link.)
    ~

January 30, 2021 8:15 PM MST

On a short break from work and had gotten your "down low" on this question, thanks! Yes, "I'll be back"!
    I might quickly post a song, too - - the first one to come to mind. yes, I enjoyed everything people have posted, even if it was just a quick look on my part for now.
      January 31, 2021 3:10 PM MST

January 30, 2021 8:19 PM MST

"Two out of three ain't bad" for me -- I really like the first two songs you posted!
      February 1, 2021 6:10 PM MST

This post reminds me of Welby.  I remember him saying that the oldies station where he lives only plays one song by ABBA, so now when I hear one of the oldies stations in my area play an ABBA song other than Dancing Queen, I always think of Welby.

Anyway, I was listening to one the oldies stations this afternoon, and they played this song.  It kind of stuck in my head so I listened to it again on YouTube.

This post was edited by Livvie at February 1, 2021 1:30 PM MST
      January 30, 2021 9:32 PM MST

I've never heard that and I like ABBA! 

Thanks for sharing. I know Welby will appreciate it!
      January 31, 2021 7:55 AM MST

;)
    ;)

Yup!!! And this song you posted is another favorite song of theirs for me! God, I love them!   :)

And there's a song "out there" currently that, to me, sounds like, and reminds me of,  ABBA -- I don't know the song title or group -- something about "The Kings and Queens dancing" or something like that. :)
      January 31, 2021 3:35 PM MST

Ava Max?  I like that song too!

January 31, 2021 3:43 PM MST

Yes! That's the one! Thanks! I listened again - - she and the song remind me very much of ABBA. :)

Almost to the point if she is trying to sound like ABBA. And I've already made a fun "rep" for myself on the site with Lauren Daigle's 'You Say" song sounding like Adele to me. :) 

February 1, 2021 5:49 PM MST

January 31, 2021 5:24 AM MST

Another song I'd never heard. Wow, he's an attractive dude! Thanks for sharing!
      January 31, 2021 8:01 AM MST