Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Makes perfect sense that a lameduck "prez" would have lame lawyers to defend him. Doesn't it?

Makes perfect sense that a lameduck "prez" would have lame lawyers to defend him. Doesn't it?

Posted - February 9, 2021

Responses

Does it really matter? Trump is no longer President. Biden is your President now and if he messes up it won't be Trump's fault. I reiterate the blame will fall squarely on Biden's head, not Trump's. People really need to wake up to that fact. As always, just my opinion. :)
      February 9, 2021 1:41 PM MST

His lawyers showed just how lame they are today at the trial. I only watched the first 3 hours of it but I am starting to think Trump might lose. Got a laugh at one of Trump's lawyers - whenever he took a sip of water he put one hand on top of his head and pulled his head back so the water would flow down. Cheers!
      February 9, 2021 9:25 PM MST

I saw that guy. He said he was the Lead lawyer. I would assume that means he is the best of the bunch! What a laughingstock he was as he rambled hither and yon and back again around the bend. It was quite a performance. Can hardly wait to see what the subordinate lawyers do when they get up to "defend". Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Wednesday to you and your family! :)
      February 10, 2021 1:19 AM MST

Unfortunately the GOP Senators are still in lockstep - they're scared of Trump's base. Cultists are crazy, there's no filter and they showed on January 6 how dangerous they can be.
      February 9, 2021 10:25 PM MST

I know it will just be a dog and pony show. The proof evidence facts are overwhelming...much of them come from the mouth of FOOTOO and the rest from those who simply gave him what he asked for. But mostly the FOOTOO Republican senators are TERRIFIED to go against the monster who is now their political party. So of course they won't. It's funny how much humiliation humans will take when they are scared. For the whole world to see. I'm sure glad none of 'em is me or anyone I know or love. Thank you for your reply R and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      February 10, 2021 1:17 AM MST

When no self-respecting attorney will stake his reputation on your legal defense, what you get is what remains at the bottom of the barrel, i.e., Messrs. Castor and Schoen, et al.  
      February 10, 2021 2:27 PM MST

It's probably gonna be Castor again since Schoen is Jewish and will not work on Saturday. Repeat performance or will they get another to stand in for Castor? No matter what shows up it won't hold a candle to the prosecution's case where their top witness is FOOTOO himself! IN HIS OWN WORDS! REPEATEDLY! This post was edited by RosieG at February 11, 2021 6:35 AM MST
      February 11, 2021 3:41 AM MST

I guess we'll find out soon enough what they plan to do.  I seriously doubt Trump will be a witness.  In fact, I'm not following this closely enough to know whether or not there will even be witnesses called.  That could extend the trial for a very long time which neither side wants.
      February 11, 2021 6:29 AM MST

I'm torn about Biden's demeanor  sweetie. On the one hand I'm glad he is focusing on other stuff but at some point he is going to have to comment on what's going on vis a vis the second impeachment don't you think? I mean it is a very BIG DEAL. I know he doesn't want to appear to be influencing anything but still. What do YOU think? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 11, 2021 6:35 AM MST

I'm not concerned that he hasn't said anything about the trial.  I would rather he concentrated on all the really important issues that face us than wasting his time on something that will pretty much have a foregoing conclusion.  He has made a statement to the effect that Trump needs to be held accountable.  
      February 11, 2021 6:44 AM MST

Oh. I guess I didn't hear it or if I did I didn't remember. That's good enough for me. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 11, 2021 6:48 AM MST