Active Now

Echooos
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Name a food you’ve always wanted to try, and tell us why you haven’t done so yet. Thank you. ~

Name a food you’ve always wanted to try, and tell us why you haven’t done so yet. Thank you. ~

Posted - February 12, 2021

Responses

Good healthy skinny food cooked by an expert chef.  Can't afford it. 
      February 12, 2021 2:22 PM MST

I believe I did have it years ago (I mean decades ago) but it is a vague memory and may be one of those false memories. You know, like when you are sure you know where you left your keys, but they ain't there when you look. That happened to me only .  .  .  er, let me see .  .  . well, quite recently, anyway.
    Regardless, food, yes the dish I'd like to try (maybe try again, that is) is Galantine. There are several recipes though, some at significant variance with another.
    Mrs Mott's is the recipe I'd like to try (again?). She's been dead for years of course, but luckily I have her cookery book - and Galantine is in it. 
      February 12, 2021 2:28 PM MST

Fried turkey.

I don't know why, specifically, I haven't tried it yet. I don't fry my own food.
    I'm lucky to even prepare my own food. Wait, I eat every day and prepare it - - so I must be doing something as far as preparing.
    I have not been to a restaurant that offered it.
      February 12, 2021 5:15 PM MST

Alligator.  The restaraunt that has it on the menu here was out of it at the times I went. 
      February 12, 2021 7:04 PM MST

I can't think of anything. 
      February 13, 2021 1:38 PM MST

Glutton. 

Reported. 

~

February 13, 2021 3:15 PM MST

Laughing...................I think I have low food curiosity.  My husband would try anything....beef tongue sandwiches, buffalo (before celebrities tried to make it cool), tripe, cracklin, brains, rocky mountain oysters, raw meats and fish, you name it.  
      February 14, 2021 1:37 PM MST

Ok, glutton lite. How’s that?

~

February 14, 2021 1:39 PM MST

I would like to go to Scotland and try haggis, It sounds disgusting! But hey you only live once, when I lived in the Philippines I ate balut, if you don't know what balut is Google it.... It's so gross!! 
      February 13, 2021 3:32 PM MST

Balut -a fertilized duck egg incubated for up to 3 weeks then steamed and eaten out of the shell. Delish! 
    I googled it, I never been to Phillipines but I might try the stuff if I ever go there.
      February 13, 2021 4:54 PM MST

It’s available here in the US in places with large populations of Filipinos, there are such populations in Canada, so it might be available there too. 

~

February 13, 2021 6:04 PM MST

I became very well acquainted with balut when my Marine Corps unit landed in the Philippines back in the 1980s. I only tried it once, and that was enough to convince me never to touch it again. In the ensuing years, I had more than one Filipina girlfriend, and I established steadfast and unwavering personal rules about balut: 1) don’t offer it to me because I will not eat it, 2) don’t kiss me after you‘ve just eaten it or expect me to kiss you.

~
      February 14, 2021 1:23 PM MST

I'd like to try a meal like the ones featured on "Bong Appetit". 

Bong Appétit (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb
      February 14, 2021 9:23 AM MST