Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you have a song you've always liked, and, after seeing the music video, you liked the song even better?

Do you have a song you've always liked, and, after seeing the music video, you liked the song even better?

Two songs come to mind for me :

"How To Save a Life"              The Fray

"Shout"                       Tears for Fears

Posted - June 11, 2021

Responses

Cool!
      June 21, 2021 5:59 PM MDT

Less of a creative driving force than Lennon and McCartney (or possibly just a less forceful personality), he was unquestionably a better musician than either. Also a close personal friend of the Monty Python gang, he financed Life of Brian.
      June 21, 2021 6:04 PM MDT

Didn't know about Harrison and Monty!
    :)
    :)
      June 23, 2021 5:47 PM MDT

I seldom see videos, heck, I can’t even remember the last time I watched one in the past few years.  Even in their heyday during the opening years of the cable channel MTv, I was stationed overseas, it wasn’t immediately available where I was, and I missed out on all the hoopla. Shortly afterward, it was finally available, but by then, my unit was aboard ship and headed off on a WestPac (Western Pacific) deployment.

Fast forward a few years, when I moved out of the barracks and had my own place, I watched videos then, mostly on MTv and VH1, but after so many decades, I can’t recall to the detail of the question you’ve posted as to whether or not I liked songs better once I saw their videos. Years later, MTv stopped broadcasting videos altogether, and I’ve never been much into other sources that showed them, such as BET.

As the 1980s ended and the early 1990s rolled on, I became less and less interested in any new music at all, to the point that by 1995 to 1999, I dropped out completely. I neither listen to new music nor watch any videos these days, not even the older videos of songs that I do like. It’s just not my wheelhouse, or not in my wheelhouse.
    ~

June 18, 2021 4:40 PM MDT

I get it, yeah. 
    I don't keep up with much of anything in some ways.
    I don't know why it took me so long to see the music videos to the two songs I posted. :)

The last movie I saw recently (after I don't know how long without seeing one) was "Harriet." I've posted a lot on this site on how much Tubman blows my mind.
    The movie was well worth the wait for me. :)
      June 18, 2021 6:18 PM MDT