Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Political theatre: the same crowd that crucified Pres. Bush in 2005 for failing to go to New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina hit,

Political theatre: the same crowd that crucified Pres. Bush in 2005 for failing to go to New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina hit,

is strangely silent in 2021 about Vice Pres. Harris failing to go to the US/Mexico border. Hmmmm, I wonder why? (Apologists, this is where you come in. Go ahead and have yourselves a field day.)
___

Posted - June 21, 2021

Responses

Exactly what hurricane, wildfire, tornado or other NATURAL disaster has hit the border? What sort of funding is required to repair damage? The cases aren't even close to parallel.
      June 22, 2021 11:05 PM MDT

Thank you: I knew the apologist slant would come through with flying colors! You certainly haven’t disappointed!

~

June 23, 2021 5:14 AM MDT

Nobody said squat about Pence not visiting the Sultanate of Oman, or Quayle not going to the moon. There is absolutely no reason for Harris to visit anywhere. You can bet your a$$ that if another hurricane hits Texas, President Biden will be there. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 23, 2021 5:29 PM MDT
      June 23, 2021 5:29 PM MDT

I thought the liberal left didn’t like it when their opponents brought up side issues or examples of the actions of other liberal lefties who were not mentioned in the original question at hand . . . oh, that’s right; the liberal left only dislikes it when others do it. Just like the conservative right, the liberal left decries anything its opponent does but has absolutely no problem whatsoever doing the same thing itself. 

I know it won’t be easy, but try to stay on topic: 

Political theatre: the same crowd that crucified Pres. Bush in 2005 for failing to go to New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina hit, 

is strangely silent in 2021 about Vice Pres. Harris failing to go to the US/Mexico border. Hmmmm, I wonder why? (Apologists, this is where you come in. Go ahead and have yourselves a field day.)
    ___

June 23, 2021 5:43 PM MDT

FOR. WHAT. REASON. SHOULD. SHE. GO. THERE???
    (Or anywhere else for that matter?)
    I presented another couple of hypothetical cases that have as much parallel. Then again, GWB didn't need a reason to send US troops to Iraq (and to drag Australia into it. Next time you have an argument with somebody, leave us out, huh?)
      June 23, 2021 5:48 PM MDT

Because she’s brilliant and can do no wrong, that’s why! Any and all issues that exist between the two countries would be resolved immediately upon her wrapping up a meeting there!

~

June 23, 2021 6:01 PM MDT

Really? Thank you I did not know that. 
      June 23, 2021 8:37 PM MDT

June 26, 2021 10:53 AM MDT

Entirely different circumstances. VP Harris (have I spelled he name correctly?)  was not blamed for causing the hurricane the way Pres. Bush was. 
      June 23, 2021 8:36 PM MDT