Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Your office building is afire and firefighters are busy dowsing flames, would you stay working if you were provided with an asbestos suit?

Your office building is afire and firefighters are busy dowsing flames, would you stay working if you were provided with an asbestos suit?

You may get a small bonus for being such a great dedicated employee but the cost of the suit will be deducted from your pay.

Posted - July 10, 2021

Responses

No, I would not want a toxic suit.
      July 10, 2021 10:59 PM MDT

I don't think wearing an asbestos suit for only a few hours will kill anybody, just try not to breathe too much.
      July 10, 2021 11:03 PM MDT

I can barely hold my breath for a minute, little alone for two hours.
      July 10, 2021 11:05 PM MDT

Heck no!  I'm outta there!!!  Asbestos is carcinogenic.  (besides, they might find the empty gas cans and matches in the trunk of my car.)
      July 10, 2021 11:34 PM MDT

Depending on the firefighters, I might stick around, yeah.

November 10, 2021 9:19 PM MST

Dude, are you sure YOU aren’t running a harem somewhere?
    ~

November 10, 2021 9:48 PM MST

Nah -- there's something about me -- guys just seem to come up to me and want to pick me up, hold me, etc. I just try to go with it.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 11, 2021 10:41 PM MST
      November 11, 2021 8:01 PM MST

I can commiserate, Pal. Women do the same thing with me all the time. 

~

November 11, 2021 9:34 PM MST

How would such a horrendous fire even get started?

Oh, wait . . . 

~

November 10, 2021 10:02 PM MST

Randy, did she really say that?  That’s not 73% correct grammar!  I think the pyro girl was framed this time!  Hmm, you sure seem to know a lot of details about how that fire started.  I think it needs more investigation.
      November 11, 2021 12:33 PM MST

*Evening news program some weeks later, we join them on progress: . . . and the investigation led to the arrest of one Livvie Dakota, tentatively identified as one of victim Randall’s many arch enemies. It seems that Dakota coerced the young girl into committing arson, as evidenced by one of several hidden cameras and microphones that Randall had planted based on suspicion of harm coming to him.  Let’s go to the videotape.

“That mean ol’ Mr. Randall needs to pay for what he’s done. Never mind who I am, you ask too many questions. Anyway, he’s all by himself in that room, so just sneak in there and light his tilde collection on fire just like I showed you when we rehearsed this. It’ll be a lot of fun. My name? Call me Aunt Eivvil. Now back to our plan. Go for the driest tildes first and work your way outward. He’ll never bother you again after this. Grrrrrrrr . . . ”
    ~

November 11, 2021 1:25 PM MST

Absolutely not, if there would’ve been a fire in the last office where I worked, everybody else and I would’ve left. The firefighters would probably have to rush in to rescue our manager, who would’ve been busy following all of the proper procedures for the building being on fire.  We would secretly be hoping he wouldn’t have time to fill out the procedural violation notices before he didn’t make it at the hospital.

OK, that’s hyperbole, but the manager where I worked really was almost that bad.
      November 10, 2021 11:25 PM MST

Heck no.
    If the computer is glitching for a couple minutes, that's enough reason to go home.
      November 11, 2021 12:43 PM MST

We had to stay at work and put out the fire. It was a major fuel pier fire right next to our ship and much of the starboard side of the inside caught fire. It was quite harrowing; it took us more than a half hour to get underway.                                                                                                                   
      November 11, 2021 12:44 PM MST

Would you have gone back upstairs to your office in the south tower of the World Trade Center on 9/11 when first responders said it was safe to do so? If you had, you would have died when the second plane hit.
      November 11, 2021 8:10 PM MST

Probably not, I think I would be a bit nervous about being anywhere near the vicinity of the towers.
      November 11, 2021 10:47 PM MST