Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you tried the "impossible meat?"

Have you tried the "impossible meat?"

I tried it and was surprised at how good it was.  Believing it was all chemicals I didn't buy it again.  Now I discovered it is a plant based product, time to give it a chance once again.  
Unless of course someone tells me something I don't know and wouldn't like about the product. 

Posted - July 16, 2021

Responses

Tried it, didn't like it.  It was way to bland. Never buying again!
      July 16, 2021 5:29 PM MDT

(to too bland)

July 17, 2021 3:56 PM MDT

Yew no eye cane spill Eve re thong write.  Sea, knot won ward spilled wrung.
      July 17, 2021 4:02 PM MDT

No, and I won't. I eat real meat, not garbage made from plants. 
      July 16, 2021 8:30 PM MDT

"No kill chicken" artificially cultured from an egg!:
    https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/food-drink/article/3138520/lab-grown-meat-menu-restaurant-israel-and-diners-are-impressed This post was edited by Robert at July 18, 2021 3:07 PM MDT
      July 18, 2021 3:06 PM MDT

Slaughter the cow, grind the carcass, make some patties and throw them on the grill.

See the source image
      July 18, 2021 6:40 PM MDT

Alternative meals!!!:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAB-SscpMBE
      July 20, 2021 10:45 AM MDT

Image result for  hell no gif
    Almost as bad as the Chinese eating dogs.

See the source image

This post was edited by Wolfhound at July 22, 2021 12:45 AM MDT
      July 20, 2021 1:30 PM MDT

Just to be clear: The video I linked about the use of insects in Thai cooking, was not posted by me to "target" in some manner  contributor "Wolfhound"; insects are genuinely used in some Thai cooking.

Contributor "Wolfhound" has uploaded a number of images one of which shows a Chinese man eating a fetus, to which contributor "Wolfhound" has added text falsely-accusing Chinese people of such behavior.

I THEREFORE INVITE HIM TO REMOVE THOSE WORDS WITHOUT DELAY; OTHERWISE I WILL REPORT HIS POST.

Here is some further information about the fetus image he uploaded:

https://blog.hirutv.lk/news/866/බිළිඳු-මළ-සිරුරු-තමන්ම-පිස-ආහාරයට-ගත්-පුද්ගලයා-කියපු-කතාව

Translated from the Chinese by Google Translate:

[Image of man eating fetus.]

- - - - Start of translation extract: - - - -

"Photographs of a baby being eaten by a person have been circulating rapidly on the Interent since January 2001. In March of the same year, a report published by the Malaysian newspaper Warta Perdana stated that Taiwanese restaurants were selling baby embryos to humans.

As a result of this newspaper report, two of the most powerful security forces in the world, the Scotland Yard and the CIA, came forward to investigate. So in January 2001, they found a Chinese man who had eaten a dead baby fetus that had spread across the internet. They were finally able to find out who he was.

Zhu Yu was born in 1970 in China. He is also a good artist. In fact, the controversial photos were taken during his October 2000 presentation in Shanghai, Eating People (Man Eater). [...] he has stolen the body of an infant from a medical college.

[...] The play was banned by the Chinese Department of Culture, but a series of photos taken by Zhu Yu during a previous shot went online. Later, fake news of [cannibals] in Asian counties such as China spread rapidly thoughout the Internet."

- - - - End of translation extract - - - -

- - - - Start of extract: - - - -

Zhu Yu (artist)

[Heading:} “Significant Works"

Eating People: In his performance art piece Eating People, Zhu photographs himself cooking and eating a human fetus that he divided into five parts. Zhu says that “I herewith announce my intention and my aim to eat people as a protest against mankind’s moral idea that he/she cannot eat people.” [19] In further response to Zhu's bold performance, The Ministry of Culture cited a menace to social order and the spiritual health of the Chinese people, and banned exhibitions involving culture, animal abuse, corpses, and overt violence and sexuality.[16][20] However, this piece did not even appear at the exhibit; the night before the exhibition, Ai Weiwei collaborated with Zhu and the photographs were removed from the gallery. This piece was thought particularly controversial, and organizers did not want to risk government censorship for the rest of the exhibit. The response to this work stemmed from its appearance on the internet shortly after. Eating People appeared in Malaysia's Perdan Weekly without caption and generated the question of whether eating babies was accepted in Asia on various myth-debunking websites.”

(For citations please see website.)

Extract source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Yu_(artist)

- - - - End of extract - - - -

Note:
    The image in question also appears on some Chinese websites in the form of a similar false racist accusation against Cantonese speaking people (presumably meaning people in Hong Kong).

This post was edited by Robert at July 21, 2021 3:51 PM MDT
      July 21, 2021 3:38 PM MDT

I've been to Vietnam and Thailand and I know what they eat. Have you ever been to a "pet store" with cages full of live dogs, cats, monkeys, and other animals? I have, "Robert", and those are not pet stores, they're meat markets, "Robert. You buy the dog or cat, they take it out of the cage, slaughter it, butcher it, bag it up and give it to you, while you're standing there watching, "Robert".

Does the pictures of Chinese people eating human babies offend you, "Robert"? Good, it should. It should offend everyone around the world, but it doesn't. If I remove the picture, "Robert", it will still be in your mind. I'll remove it and replace it with dogs being sold for food. Or is that going to melt your ice too, "Robert". We'll find out, won't we, "Robert".

And just to be clear "Robert", I'm not falsely accusing people of eating babies. As you can see "Robert", they actually do eat human fetuses'.   

The Asians also eat insects right off the stick. "Robert" 

Anything else "Robert"? This post was edited by Wolfhound at July 22, 2021 12:57 AM MDT
      July 22, 2021 12:42 AM MDT

I'm mystified as to why contributor "Wolfhound" seems to want to make this discussion one of personal animosity.

I share his disgust that animals we typically keep as pets, are eaten in some countries. However, frankly in my view, there is no difference between those animals we prefer to regard as pets, with those against which we close our eyes as they go to the abattoir.  

I have not disputed the fact that in some countries, they eat insects and I also gave a link for this.

Evidence of one individual (ethnicity irrelevant) (who may have mental problems) having cannibalistic habits while attempting to excuse himself in the name of "Art" (see my previous post), is not evidence against a whole country nor a people.

Despite my having provided rebuttal of his accusation against Chinese people, he has repeated his racist slur in his new post. 
    I THEREFORE INVITE HIM TO REMOVE THOSE WORDS WITHOUT DELAY; OTHERWISE I WILL REPORT HIS POST.

This post was edited by Robert at July 22, 2021 3:49 AM MDT
      July 22, 2021 3:44 AM MDT

“Personal animosity”? Heck, it seems to me that it’s going both ways here. How and why would you assume that personally naming him and stating your opposition to his comments and that you’ll report him personally are not evidence of your animosity toward him?
      Mind you, I’m not even stating that you’re correct or incorrect on your points about the topic itself, I’m focusing on your one-way claim of animosity. 

~

July 22, 2021 7:01 AM MDT

Contributor "Randy D" seeks to make the discussion one of personal animosity. If he cares to read the discussion he will observe that I have simply invited contributor "Wolfhound" to remove his racist false comment against the Chinese; currently, he has simply moved his racist comment to his previous post.

Any one care to try to do better than contributor "Randy D"?

This post was edited by Robert at July 22, 2021 10:47 AM MDT
      July 22, 2021 10:44 AM MDT

Nice dodge, great way to completely avoid the point that I made, Pal.

See you in the funny pages.
    ~

July 22, 2021 10:50 AM MDT

Very well then. A bit more detail:

Contributor Randy D wrote:
    "personally naming him [...] your opposition to his comments [...] that you’ll report him personally [...] evidence of your animosity toward him"

My response:
    The false and racist comment is within contributor "Wolfhound's" post, and so the only post which could be reported, is his.

Criticism of racism is not personal animosity.

This post was edited by Robert at July 22, 2021 11:07 AM MDT
      July 22, 2021 11:00 AM MDT

Now it's racists? Is your name a racist slur? Looks like you're playing the race card because you have nothing else and you know you lost. 
    Here, save this, you'll need it for later.

See the source image

July 22, 2021 4:37 PM MDT

Now it's racists? Is your name a racist slur? Looks like you're playing the race card because you have nothing else and you know you lost. Here, save this, you'll need it for later.

See the source image
      July 22, 2021 4:42 PM MDT

Now it's racists? Is your name a racist slur? Looks like you're playing the race card because you have nothing else and you know you lost. Here, save this, you'll need it for later.

See the source image
      July 22, 2021 4:42 PM MDT

"Unless of course someone tells me something I don't know and wouldn't like about the product".
    Hahaha! FUNNY! 

I eat it sometimes, but it's not my favorite plant-protein product. 
      July 16, 2021 10:03 PM MDT

I was introduced to Textured Vegetable Protein by my mother-in-law when she was going through a vegetarian phase. Not a fan. "Notbacon" is NOT BACON. I'll take dying five years younger over eating cardboard food for fifty.
      July 16, 2021 10:16 PM MDT

Last time I sampled veggie burgers it was still a bit bland but I like this guy's idea..

Japanese scientist Mitsuyuki Ikeda thinks it's perfectly good protein in the poop you are flushing away and he's found a way to extract the protein and with a bit of steak sauce can create a fecal feast fit for a king. People say it tastes quite like beef. Poop burgers anybody?

July 17, 2021 12:07 AM MDT

OMg, Ewwwwwww
      July 17, 2021 5:04 AM MDT

Life imitating art! There is a passage in "Gulliver's Travels" in which he meets a scientist who is doing experiments to find a way to turn excrement back into food.
      July 17, 2021 2:46 PM MDT

- - - - Start of extract: - - - -

"Animal wastes have been applied as organic manure in traditional farming and remain a relative large source of recyclable phosphorus in modern agriculture. "

Extract source:
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/animal-waste

- - - - End of extract - - - -
      July 17, 2021 3:48 PM MDT