Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Would it bother you if the opposite gender accidentally walked into the wrong locker room while you where in there?

Would it bother you if the opposite gender accidentally walked into the wrong locker room while you where in there?

I was at the pulic pool recently to do my swimming and stuff, as usual. I had just gotten in the locker room to change into my trunks. This lady in her bathing suit walks in, and I am wondering about her coming in here, as I know I am in my right locker room. Another guy is changing too and men in the showers. She quickly says "Oh men, I am so sorry!" and quickly ran out. Yeah it happens, and I know not what she wanted to see, or at least meant to see. Would this bother you if it happened to you while in there changing or in the showers, and such? I honestly didn't like it and felt uncomfortable for a brief moment, but I do understand it was clearly an accident.

Posted - July 25, 2021

Responses

Whether or not it bothered me would entirely depend upon the circumstances. Based solely on the openendedness of your question, it’s not a given that any bother would be in the works. For instance, if she and I were both on the custodial staff and agreed that I’d sweep the floors then she’d come in and mop, no bother. If she were the county building inspector and I had been subcontracted to upgrade the lighting, she is scheduled to arrive and take a look at my progress, no bother. If she and I have planned a rendezvous for hanky-panky and the hour has arrived, as she saunters through the door, no bother. If she is the police officer responding to a burglary call and I am awaiting her as the reporting party, no bother.
      However, in further reading, you outline a particular scenario, I have taken it to be the background and thrust of your question, and I truly find no need for me to be bothered. It appears that she made an honest mistake, she caught the error herself upon seeing men there instead of women, she expressed same, and then she withdrew. I disagree with the part about what she was “trying to see”. I was not present and therefore did not witness any of this, so I only have your write-up as a gauge. If there is other information or evidence of her attempt to see things, it does not present itself in your description of events. If the woman is someone known to you, or if this is not an isolated incident of its caliber, you may know more facts than the ones you outlined. 

I chalk it all up to “no harm, no foul”. I see no reason for being bothered. 

~

July 25, 2021 7:02 PM MDT

Thanks for your thorough reply. No I didn't know her, and no I don't believe she was trying to see anything. Sorry if that part was worded wrong.
      July 25, 2021 7:06 PM MDT

Thank you. 

~

July 25, 2021 7:08 PM MDT

These two statements of yours seem to contradict each other:

“ . . . and I know not what she wanted to see, or at least meant to see.”

“ . . . but I do understand it was clearly an accident.

~

July 25, 2021 7:05 PM MDT

I would hardly give it a second thought.
      July 25, 2021 9:03 PM MDT

I think more than anything it just caught me off guard.
      July 25, 2021 9:06 PM MDT

Right.. surprise.. surprise! This post was edited by Kittigate at July 26, 2021 7:37 AM MDT
      July 25, 2021 9:17 PM MDT

I think I'd have a hard time believing it was accidental. If it truly was, I wouldn't be terribly bothered. 
      July 25, 2021 10:25 PM MDT

I wouldn't care. We clean a tennis club part time and another women, a friend, works the days we don't. She would periodically walk into the men's locker room with an unclothed man or two, but they didn't care. On a morning I was cleaning, I asked the desk person if the lady's locker room was clear. She said it was. It wasn't. Oh well.
      July 26, 2021 7:44 AM MDT

I used to work cleaning at a hotel/conference center.
    We would always knock and call out, prior to entering the hotel rooms for cleaning.
    It was not uncommon that someone in the room would not answer, and surprise us when we walked in.
      July 26, 2021 11:34 AM MDT

It would depend on what I was or was not wearing and how the person reacted.  
    If I could tell it was an accident or not. This post was edited by my2cents at July 26, 2021 9:15 AM MDT
      July 26, 2021 7:48 AM MDT

Wasting?
      July 26, 2021 7:50 AM MDT

Auto-incorrect strikes again.
      July 26, 2021 7:56 AM MDT

It would depend on how hard he laughed when he saw me.
      July 26, 2021 7:13 PM MDT

You mean if he laughed like - tee hee tee hee  tee hee you would think he was being sweet but if he laughed like - hee haw hee haw hee haw you would think he was a Jackass?  Cheers!
      July 26, 2021 7:30 PM MDT

I'd have her blowing chunks in no time.
      July 26, 2021 7:47 PM MDT

id get his address and send him a bill 
      July 26, 2021 7:57 PM MDT