Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » Does Patsy Cline rock your world like she does mine?

Does Patsy Cline rock your world like she does mine?

What a voice to me -- she sends me (with all due respect to the great Sam Cooke0

Posted - August 16, 2021

Responses

My second favorite female singer.

August 16, 2021 8:38 PM MDT

Nice!  I'm pretty sure you've shared that about Cline on the site before because I remember being happy to read it.

Literally everything I hear Cline sing makes me melt.
    I cannot even put it into words.
    The closest I can get is that (besides her actual gorgeous singing voice and style) she seems to not "sing" her songs, she "lives" every song she sings -- I fall into every song and she seems to be speaking directly to me, to tell me from where she is coming. She wants to let me know.

This song you shared was gorgeous, too. I was listening as I typed.  :)

Thank you for answering my question. :)
      August 16, 2021 8:47 PM MDT

She is one of my all-time faves!
      August 16, 2021 9:50 PM MDT

Me, too!
    She IS my favorite singer. And I literally mean that -- at the very top.  :)
      August 16, 2021 10:31 PM MDT

Not a fan of country music in general although I do like Kenny Chesney.
      August 17, 2021 8:09 AM MDT

I'm not much of a country music fan either but, for me, she transcends any music genre.
    Even the "She's Got You" song I posted doesn't fit into a genre to me, if anything Easy Listening. 
    It doesn't sound country to me. (Regardless, though -- I know you're right -- that she is truly a country singer.)

Kenny Chesney and I talked together in a parking lot once, in front of a YMCA -- I had no idea who he was and it was before he was a huge star - - he was just skipping really big, with large and high strides, around a big bus (his tour bus, I found out later) as part of his workout and I was just beginning my workout. I told him that skipping really big like that is hard for me but I really find it productive. And we talked quite a while. He was very nice.

I got inside the the nearby building and was "attacked" by a couple of women - - "We saw you out there talking to Kenny Chesney!!"
    "Who?" I asked.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 17, 2021 11:53 PM MDT
      August 17, 2021 8:55 PM MDT

Interesting story about Kenny Chesney. :)  You never read anything bad about him in the media so I think he's probably a pretty good guy.  Check out the songs on his CD - The Road and the Radio.
      August 17, 2021 10:16 PM MDT

So, I did -- I just listened to the first song, "The Road and the Radio," from that album. 
    Am I being totally inappropriate to admit, rather than listen to that song, I more enjoyed noticing him from across that parking lot, watching him skip in T-shirt and shorts, and then approaching him and standing close to him while we both smiled and talked? (We were the only two people in the entire parking lot.) I enjoyed those moments more than listening to the song, ha! BUT - - that song is really good! A nice message, too, lyrics-wise.

And, though those parking lot moments are really the only thing I really know about Chesney, he was, indeed, very nice to to me and he was enjoyable to spend a couple of minutes with talking, and joking, about working out.

I hope to listen more to the this album. Thanks! :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 19, 2021 8:22 PM MDT
      August 19, 2021 8:22 PM MDT

Sorry not a fan. 
      August 17, 2021 8:25 AM MDT

That's okay.
    Oh, well.

More Cline Singing-Air Space to enter my ears!
      August 17, 2021 8:44 PM MDT

I’ve never heard even one of her songs, I have no knowledge of them whatsoever. 

~

August 17, 2021 9:59 AM MDT

"Whatttttt?!  Mr. Randy D, get out of your basement fixation and listen!"

Just kidding and you know it, ha! If anyone on this site has fixation topics, it's me.
      August 17, 2021 8:42 PM MDT

Meh. Not a big fan.
      August 17, 2021 9:14 PM MDT

Hmph.    :)

I'll add your nonexistent big fan to mine and I'll be an even bigger fan! :)

I can't get enough of her. (Well, I probably could but you know what I mean, ha.)
      August 17, 2021 9:47 PM MDT

Harumph! LOL.
      August 17, 2021 9:56 PM MDT

:) Ha!

And I much prefer your Harumph to my Hmph attempt!
      August 17, 2021 9:57 PM MDT

Nothing like a good, solid harumph for emphasis!
      August 17, 2021 10:05 PM MDT

Yesss!
      August 19, 2021 7:28 PM MDT

She had a couple of good songs.

This post was edited by Wolfhound at August 19, 2021 7:57 PM MDT
      August 18, 2021 1:55 AM MDT

I just got done listening to every one of the videos you posted. Thanks, Wolfhound! I enjoyed listening tremendously! Like I've said, I've yet to hear anything AT ALL from Cline that I didn't enjoy. I liked the styles of the songs you posted, too- - these are some songs to which I don't always listen.

Cline certainly betters my world. RIP  Patsy.

Interestingly, the one video said "Patsy Cline   Wanda Jackson" - - maybe I missed it, but it seemed that I only heard another female voice besides Cline's in the song at the very end for just one phrase. :)
      August 19, 2021 7:57 PM MDT

Besides the main line country she did, she could rock it. You would be surprised as to how many big name country singers from back then actually started out singing rockabilly. 
      August 19, 2021 9:53 PM MDT