Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What's the last positive/upbeat/happy story you remember hearing or reading about in the news?

What's the last positive/upbeat/happy story you remember hearing or reading about in the news?

Posted - August 26, 2021

Responses

There was a lady who had a dog go missing. After about a year she gave up hoping her dog would come home and decided to get another one at the animal shelter when she got to the shelter the dog she found was her old dog. It had just come in that day so it is lucky no one else adopted it - it was lucky she went to that shelter (there were a few animal shelter in her town. Cheers!
      August 26, 2021 6:35 PM MDT

I love this! Thank you for sharing. Nothing like a good dog story with a happy ending! 

XO
      August 27, 2021 5:50 PM MDT

Been watching the Paralympics?
      August 26, 2021 10:48 PM MDT

No, I haven't - good idea for positivity. Thanks! 
      August 27, 2021 5:51 PM MDT

Triumph in adversity, and the sheer joy of the athletes. If you don't find that uplifting, you're dead.
      August 28, 2021 8:03 PM MDT

I heard on the radio today that it’s National Dog Day! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

~

August 26, 2021 10:53 PM MDT

I did know that, but had forgotten! That is a happy occasion. Although, it's pretty much always dog day around here. 

August 27, 2021 5:54 PM MDT

A means to hugely reduce birds being struck by wind turbine blades was discovered by just painting one of the blades black because it increases visibility of the whirling blades for the birdies.
      August 26, 2021 11:45 PM MDT

Wow, what a great idea, I wonder how they figured that one out!
    ~

August 26, 2021 11:56 PM MDT

The article I read wasn't really clear on that, perhaps just experimenting with ideas maybe.
      August 27, 2021 12:28 AM MDT

Oh, that's wonderful news! I love birds and cleaner energy sources. Thank you for sharing this! 
      August 27, 2021 5:56 PM MDT

You are welcome!
      August 27, 2021 7:03 PM MDT

I just read about the volunteers special forces Americans who have been helping Afghans escape.  They have gotten around 650 out in the past few days.  They walked through sewers and everything else.  It will make you cry.  I read it as the lead story on  yahoo.com.  It will also make you (or at least it did for me) a little angry that it wasn't Americans.  I firmly believe the Americans should be saved first.  But these special forces were saving people they have been working with for years.  They love them.  And it's a volunteer group.....not assembled by the pentagon or administration. 
      August 27, 2021 4:25 PM MDT

I wonder about things like that being reported whilst it's happening. Isn't it putting those forces at risk? I appreciate freedom of the press, but I think there are clear exceptions in times of war. 

I completely understand the desire to get their loved ones out first, regardless of their nationality. And since they're volunteering, it's as it should be. 

It's good to be able to see triumph in tragedy. 
      August 27, 2021 6:10 PM MDT

A few weeks ago my neighbors 3 foot long Iguana ran away. He was looking for it in the neighbour hood for a week. I'm  not a fan of reptiles but to him it was like losing a puppy.  After a week a health care worker spotted it by the KFC  which is about a 1/4 of a mile away and on the other side of a  highway. I got to see him bring it back home and he was all smiles. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 27, 2021 6:35 PM MDT

Very good that he got his pet back (and that no one in KFC decided they could pass it off as chicken, hehe). I don't think it would have survived the winter. 

I like reptiles. They're vital to controlling the rodent population. 

Cheers and happy Saturday!

August 28, 2021 7:46 AM MDT

It's very hard to imagine loving an iguana.  They are the most benign and boring creatures alive.  We had an iguana for a couple of years.  It certainly is not affectionate.  For the most part it looks dead, like it is stuffed.  You could stare at him for an hour and he would not move a muscle.  If you blink you will find that he moved.  He was my daughter's room pet. 
      August 28, 2021 10:22 AM MDT

I don't support keeping wild species as pets, though I do understand the allure. I agree that it's hard to imagine reptiles as affectionate pets, though many people see them that way and have great affection for them. 

Iguanas grow so large. I don't think most people are prepared to keep them for their entire lives. They live a long time, too. 
      August 28, 2021 6:45 PM MDT