Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » I have never used any of these modern-day food delivery services, and it’s been at least a decade since I had pizza delivered.

I have never used any of these modern-day food delivery services, and it’s been at least a decade since I had pizza delivered.

In the past 24 months, have your experiences of having food delivered to your home changed a lot?

[~]

Posted - October 7, 2021

Responses

Your answer sounds like one from another question that Randy asked about eye-contact.
      October 10, 2021 9:46 AM MDT

Honestly, I'm not sure which answer you're referring to. I know which question, but I mean which reply on this thread. I'll never understand the numbers and arrows here that are meant to help us follow replies. I've given up. 

:)
      October 10, 2021 10:50 AM MDT

I thought the exact same thing: to which answer is he referring?

~

October 10, 2021 10:55 AM MDT

Confused minds think alike. 

October 10, 2021 11:03 AM MDT

I've only used delivery a couple of times, if I remember correctly.
      October 8, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

I occassionally have food delivered ... never by 3rd parties such as Uber or DoorDash, though.
    It's usually when I am too sick to get it myself, or too busy with other things that "must" get done.
      October 8, 2021 7:30 AM MDT

I don't have food delivered, but I do order most of my groceries online and use curbside pickup.
      October 8, 2021 3:49 PM MDT

Which store handles your curbside drop-off of groceries (and do their drivers accept bribes)?
    ~

October 8, 2021 10:14 PM MDT

I did meal-delivery kits a few times, but otherwise no changes. I have pizza delivered on occasion, mostly if I have company and they MUST have something with meat at every meal, no exceptions - ever. (Yeah, believe it or not, the idea of 'meatless Monday' is apparently the stuff of nightmares for some people).Hehe!  I like it when people have children and they want plain cheese! Pizza without meat is a sin against humanity in the eyes of some. To each their own! 
      October 8, 2021 7:34 PM MDT

I think it’s rude to go to a vegetarian’s house and then want to have stuff with meat.  Then again, I think if you’re a guest in someone’s house, you should graciously accept their food and not ask for something they normally wouldn’t make.

One time one of my cousins from Colorado came to visit me. I live on a farm, so just about everything in my refrigerator is home-grown or from a local farm.  My refrigerator was filled up with good food and home-made treats.

My cousin looked in my refrigerator, said there was nothing to eat in there, and shut the door.  He then drove 25 miles to the closest McDonald’s and then came back with 40 Chicken McNuggets, three super-sized fries and Diet Coke.  Yuck.  Ugh, I was offended by that, but I never said anything to him about it.
      October 8, 2021 9:51 PM MDT

Yeah, I think it's pretty unreasonable and closed-minded, but I guess some people don't feel nourished without meat? Nah, they're just unreasonable and closed-minded! Hehe! 

Your cousin has been super-sized! Junk food and over-eating is probably more prevalent than alcoholism when it comes to addiction in the US. Could your cousin tell you were offended, do you think? 

Typically, I'll make something that I know people have enjoyed in the past, if they don't already ask if I'll make something in particular. My cooking is probably what helps balance out the crazy dog experience that return guests know they're going to have to endure. I doubt that my company alone is going to make it worth it. Hehehe! 
      October 9, 2021 7:46 AM MDT

I don’t think he noticed that I thought he was being rude about it.  He’s been super-sized all right.  Right now, he’s not coming out of his apartment.  He needs to do something about it his weight right now, even though I know the weight loss program he wants doesn’t exist. This post was edited by Livvie at October 10, 2021 9:46 AM MDT
      October 9, 2021 8:10 AM MDT

Yeah, I think that people who aren't able to be real with themselves had a hard time picking up on the feelings of others. Or else they tend to pick up on it and use it against you. 

I don't know if you've heard of it, but I have been told by someone that they knew 2 people who intentionally gained more weight so they could qualify for weight-loss surgery. Madness. 

Hoping for the best for your cousin! 
      October 9, 2021 7:04 PM MDT

When I go for a visit, I eat what is served. Heck...free food.
      October 10, 2021 9:40 AM MDT

I’ve never had food of any kind delivered to me.  I live seven miles outside of a small town that has two restaurants, three if you count the bowling alley, four if you count the bowling alley and the fried chicken place in the gas station.
      October 8, 2021 9:31 PM MDT

yes, in the sense that we get takeout more often 
      October 10, 2021 7:35 AM MDT

On rare occasions, I have pizza delivered. Other than that, the only food I have delivered to my door is from the local supermarket. I began doing that when this whole Covid situation began. It still works out well for me. :)
      October 10, 2021 9:24 AM MDT

When I had the pizza delivery, that didn’t change much, don’t know if I had that many times, but now that’s in the past-for me.
      October 13, 2021 4:49 PM MDT

Duplicate post; please delete.
    ~
      October 13, 2021 5:52 PM MDT

What if it delete both of them?
    It did that when I first typed in this post to answer this question, should I try the delete (once) on this one?
    If I may need to delete one, I would delete just the top one, because the 2nd one have the other info that I want in it too.
      October 13, 2021 6:05 PM MDT

The double deletion of which you write only occurs when a reply has been made to the post which you want to delete; both of them get deleted. In this case, however, both of your posts are separate, so deleting either one of them will not cause a double deletion.
    ~

October 13, 2021 10:24 PM MDT