Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think Michale Flynn is right about America should only have one religin?

Do you think Michale Flynn is right about America should only have one religin?

He wasn't  clear what the one religion should be but I am pretty sure he means evangelists because that is Trump's base. So that might mean that if he had it his way there would be no Catholic, Muslim,  Jewish  and many other religions in America. What ticked me off was him playing the constitution card by saying that if people don't believe that America should only have one religion they are against the Constitution - pretty sure freedom of religion is in the constitution. Cheers!

Posted - November 15, 2021

Responses

Yes ... and it should be the worship of Aphrodite.
    All churches should be converted to brothels.  Excuse me, I mean Temples of Aphrodite.

November 15, 2021 10:16 AM MST

Well what about us Rafatarians couldn't there be a little corner in America for us? Cheers!
      November 15, 2021 10:23 AM MST

No!
    You have to do like all the other religious sects ... seceed from America and start your own country.

November 15, 2021 1:23 PM MST

seceed secede
      November 15, 2021 1:54 PM MST

See?
    Even the d is trying to escape.
      November 15, 2021 1:55 PM MST

The stupid in him disturbs me.
      November 15, 2021 10:17 AM MST

The stupid in him scares me. I wouldn't be surprised if religious hate crimes go on the rise because of what he said. Cheers!
      November 15, 2021 10:25 AM MST

Well, anti-Semitic crimes have been on the rise for a while now, so unless he's suggestion we all become Jewish, I'm not interested.  In fact, I don't think there should be any religion at all.  I see it as the few attempting to control the masses by making them think God will punish them if they don't stay in line.  
      November 15, 2021 1:38 PM MST

Oh brother what a freaking nincompoop, He's just as delusional as his buddy Trump. 
      November 15, 2021 10:33 AM MST

What gets me is he is not getting much push back from the GOP and I wonder how long it will be before Trump builds on what he said. Cheers!
      November 15, 2021 10:40 AM MST

Yes, sure he can enforce whatever one and only religion he wants then maybe many people will wisely decide to screw religion and go atheism - which is not a religion.
      November 15, 2021 11:23 AM MST

I love how the media is not quoting the next sentence which shows he is not calling for a Christian theocracy or anything like that.....

Flynn: “You have to believe this, that God Almighty is like involved in this country, because this is it…This is the shining city on the hill.”

“So if we are going to have one nation under God — which we must — we have to have one religion, one nation under God and one religion under God,” Flynn continued. “All of us together, working together. I don’t care what your ecumenical services, or what you are. We have to believe that this is a moment in time where this is good versus evil.

He does not care what your denomination is or what your religion is...this is about good vs evil.   We all know what is good and what is evil. 

November 15, 2021 1:06 PM MST

We all know what is good and what is evil. 

Not everybody does, though.  (because they are artificial constructs, and nobody is born with knowledge of a universal good/evil.)
    Children, for example, do not.  That is why they are not tried as adults, when they commit "evil".
    There are also people with mental issues who are incapable of understanding such things.

And why "must" we have one nation under God?
    Before we even get into which sect under that god, let's discuss which god we should follow.
    Shouldn't the god of America favor capitalism?  Let's select one of the old gods of merchants.
      November 15, 2021 1:22 PM MST

"Under God" was not in the original pledge.  It was added by law on June 14, 1954.  For my part, they can remove it again.  
      November 15, 2021 1:44 PM MST

The vast majority of us do.  Even if we do the action anyway.  Even murders know it was wrong.  If I cheat on my husband or my taxes it does not mean I do not know it is wrong.  I means I chose to do it anyway.  There are normal standards of good and evil.  Most atheists know this and choose to do good.   This is what Flynn is talking about. 

November 15, 2021 2:26 PM MST

Let me know when he becomes Jewish because we were here before Christians.  
      November 15, 2021 1:40 PM MST

Actually if he is a Bible believing Christian then he has become a Jew. In that a Gentile who chooses to follow and worship the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob will be grafted into the root of the tree of the Family of God.  (Romans 11:17)
      November 15, 2021 2:37 PM MST

That is the Christian criteria.  In the Jewish version, his mother would have to have been Jewish or he would have to go through the conversion process.
      November 15, 2021 3:31 PM MST

He's an idiot.
      November 15, 2021 1:55 PM MST

You beat me to it. Short answers are always better.
      November 15, 2021 2:18 PM MST

It's completely unconstitutional, but since when do Trumpicans care about the Constitution? The only Amendment that matters to them in the second (and they completely misread that one too, as almost none of them belong to "a well-regulated militia".
      November 15, 2021 11:08 PM MST

Militia means all able bodied citizens of military age who are NOT enlisted in the military.   
    We want the citizens to be familar with and weapons so that if needed to be called upon training does not have to start from scratch. 
      November 16, 2021 4:25 AM MST

Regardless of what he was trying to say, he clearly does not understand the First Amendment. 
      November 16, 2021 2:44 AM MST