Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » When was the last time you saw a mouse? Where?

When was the last time you saw a mouse? Where?

It's more than a month ago since I saw a mouse. Previous to then I had caught 3 of them in my place.

Posted - November 22, 2021

Responses

I saw one by a dumpster behind a pizza restaurant.  I was in my car.  It was really big so was probably a rat.  This happened when I lived in Washington.
      November 22, 2021 1:14 PM MST

My friend's son has a pet mouse, in his bedroom.
    He is 21, but shouldn't have a pet.
    If there were a government agency for animals, like there is for children, he would not be allowed to adopt any animal.
    His room reeks of urine because he only changes the mouse bedding monthly.  If he remembers.

November 22, 2021 1:19 PM MST

There is. The ASPCA. If they have the same teeth that our RSPCA does, that's enforceable.
      November 22, 2021 2:20 PM MST

ASPCA isn't government, so has no "teeth".
    They can't even remove obviously abused animals other than being called by police, after the police have a seizure warrant.
      November 22, 2021 2:52 PM MST

Our RSPCA is practically government, I've never once heard of a cruelty or neglect complaint of theirs that wasn't followed immediately by police action.
      November 22, 2021 2:54 PM MST

There was a case locally where there were obviously abused/neglected horses.
    The horses were always caked with mud, and looked like they had mange as well as open sores and untended hooves.
    Once it was brought to the attention of the police, it took between 2 and 3 years for the court to issue a seizure warrant due to legal manuevers by the owner.

Another case a decade ago, had 50 dogs in cages in a school bus converted into a "home".
    That one took 5 years to go through the court, for the seizures.  And another year to allow the dogs to be adopted out.

Local citizens pushed the issue with the local DA, state AG, and Governor.
    The ASPCA was contacted about both cases - and did not even send legal help.

November 22, 2021 3:12 PM MST

Sounds like your society needs clearing out of the dead wood. That's pathetic.
      November 22, 2021 3:21 PM MST

We have three cats in the household. Mice are not a problem.

Last time I saw a live mouse was several months ago, I was taking a shortcut through the school next to my former home (we moved about seven weeks ago). Mice and rats tend to inhabit schools after hours, feeding on the scraps left by the kids.
    My daughter's cat gave her HALF of a mouse about three weeks ago. Gross, but they do that because in the cat's opinion you're a lousy hunter.
      November 22, 2021 2:19 PM MST

About a week ago in my backyard patio, I came across what looked like the decomposing or decomposed corpse of some tiny rodent and it was all black and looked as if it was melted. It was on top of a cinderblock near the fence line and flat to the ground. I didn’t want to touch it didn’t or examine it, I picked up with a shovel and catapulted it into the canyon behind the house. Prior to that incident it was probably a decade since I had last seen a mouse, either dead or alive.
    ~

November 22, 2021 3:25 PM MST

In my cat's mouth about two weeks ago, he was trying to bring it into the house to play with it.  He was not allowed inside. 
      November 22, 2021 3:40 PM MST

Last summer (2020).  In my garden, in a trap.  

Mice and rats have problem in my garden for a few years.  They got several of my nice red tomatoes.  Then in August, a very large, hairy cat began taking short trips through my yard.  I haven't seen hide nor hair of a rodent since.
      November 22, 2021 3:55 PM MST

It was about twenty years ago. I saw one of the neighbour's cats tormenting a mouse in the street, repeatedly catching it and letting it go. More recently I have seen rats in the town where I live, in parks usually, but never mice. Perhaps rat numbers are increasing because people are wasting or dropping more food.
      November 22, 2021 5:44 PM MST

A few months ago under the cat. I picked it up by its tail and threw it out the 2nd story window. Don't worry. That DAMN mouse landed in a bush. This post was edited by Zack at November 22, 2021 8:52 PM MST
      November 22, 2021 7:45 PM MST

The last time I saw a mouse is when I opened the closet door downstairs to look for something. The mouse is still down there, right next to the really old keyboard and computer.
      November 22, 2021 8:04 PM MST

Lol!
      November 22, 2021 10:07 PM MST

Eek!
      November 22, 2021 10:50 PM MST

When I bought a new dishwasher last June for my new tenant upstairs, we had the old one removed and put outside for trash pickup. There was a dead mouse on a glue trap stuck to the bottom.
      November 22, 2021 8:20 PM MST

A couple of days ago. I was working out in the fitness room and I saw a mouse scurry by outside. 
      November 22, 2021 8:24 PM MST

Pressie from the cat as she was wont a few years back. She's past it now (I think). 
      November 23, 2021 2:41 AM MST