Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Shuhak
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What was the most valuable or significant thing that ever got stolen from you or someone close to you?

What was the most valuable or significant thing that ever got stolen from you or someone close to you?

My gal friend put her phone down just for a minute to stand up and give her friend a hug and then some opportunistic thief grabbed it and ran off.

Posted - December 1, 2021

Responses

Two necklaces that were given to me by two different people at two different times.  A cross necklace from my friend and a rose necklace from my Aunt. I'm still upset because I wanted to pass them to my downline before I go.   They both meant a lot to me. Oh and an uncirculated gold coin that should have gone to my children but was stolen. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at December 1, 2021 12:06 PM MST
      December 1, 2021 4:38 AM MST

I can't think of anything that I've had stolen - valuable or otherwise.
      December 1, 2021 5:31 AM MST

Several thousand dollars worth of jewelry (2 pieces) were stolen from a hotel room many years ago.  My mother was carjacked a long time ago too.  The grandmother of the person who stole it called the police and told them her grandson had no legal means to have that car.  So she got the car back but it was seriously trashed. 
      December 1, 2021 6:10 AM MST

That bit about your freind reminded me of the song Little Robers by the Motels - take my suitcase from my back - put it down it don't come back - little robers. Little robers they don't care little robers are evey were - little robers just sit there and go ya ya ya  they go ya ya YAAAAAAAA. Anyway I haven't had many things stolen from me. One of the things was my pet snapping turtle and it really hurt because I loved that little snaping turtle and deep down in side I knew that it was going to be turned into turtle soup. Cheers!
      December 1, 2021 7:40 AM MST

Turtle soup..!!?? Oh no; heaven forbid!
      December 1, 2021 8:16 AM MST

My car was stolen...twice.
      December 1, 2021 9:44 AM MST

The same car?

~

December 1, 2021 10:05 AM MST

Yes. Fool me once...
      December 1, 2021 10:06 AM MST