Slartibartfast
Element 99
Malizz
Honey Dew
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What do you think of Mercury?

What do you think of Mercury?

You can smash it with a hammer but it is self healing and will come back together as one again.  It doesn't absorb dirt, the dirt remains on the outside and can be "cleaned" with a little time.  It can shape shift into anything.   You can separate it into many smaller balls and gather it back again, just like the UFO's.....just saying! Actually there is no healing per se needed because there is only separation not injury to the whacked mercury. That's even better. 

Posted - April 22

• 42164
    I don't think about it much, but if it wasn't cloudy, we could see it briefly in the night sky. New question. Thanks.
      April 22, 2022 3:24 PM MDT
    5

• 9166
    It definitely was fun to play with but I wish I had worn gloves when I played with it as a kid. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      April 22, 2022 4:01 PM MDT
    3

• 2021
    It does turn the fingers black.  His was kept in the glove compartment of the car.  I spilled the whole bottle on the floor of the car once, that's how I know how to clean it....it was in a square kind of skinny bottle, about 2 inches tall.     :   )  I rolled it all onto a piece of folded paper, wiped it and put in back in the bottle a little at a time.  No one ever found out or I'd be dead for sure.

This post was edited by Honey Dew at April 23, 2022 1:20 PM MDT
      April 22, 2022 6:59 PM MDT
    2

• 7510
    Mercury will F**K you up if ingested!
      April 22, 2022 7:29 PM MDT
    4

• 2021
    Yes, or absorbed through the skin for long periods. 
      April 22, 2022 8:20 PM MDT
    2

• 8857
    Don't bite the thermometer! 
      April 23, 2022 8:31 AM MDT
    3

• 42164
    No, it won't in the elemental form. My son actually swallowed some when a thermometer broke in his mouth. My wife called poison control and they said it will pass right through him. It's the vapors that will, over years of exposure, that will get you. Also many of it's compounds are quite poisonous.
      April 23, 2022 1:24 PM MDT
    2

• 49414

(It's the vapors that will, over years of exposure, that will get you.) One instance of the words “that will” should be deleted.

( . . . many of it's its compounds . . . )

April 23, 2022 5:55 PM MDT
    1

• 8857
    Good to know! Well, not really relevant anymore, I guess. Still is good to know! 

(I was fascinated by the mercury, I remember.)
      April 23, 2022 6:10 PM MDT
    2

• 42164
    I, also, had a small bottle. I used to coat silver dimes with it. I now know that was a bad idea.
      April 24, 2022 8:52 AM MDT
    2