Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If God were to reveal Him/Herself, would people accept God as God?

If God were to reveal Him/Herself, would people accept God as God?

The feminine pronoun is necessary because the Holy Spirit is absolutely female.

Posted - May 17, 2022

Responses

Most would/will deny Him. 
      May 17, 2022 5:55 AM MDT

I would, but it would bring up a lot more questions.  The first one would be “What does Christianity get wrong?”.
      May 17, 2022 5:57 AM MDT

I had a healing experience one time that was likely the result of a placebo effect. But how would I tell weather it could have been God or the power of my own mind since both are invisible forces.
      May 17, 2022 8:36 AM MDT

Well I might accept it if he or she had dreadlocks. I was just thinking that if Jah revealed themselves - snapped their fingers and ended World hunger most people would be believers. But if Jah  said I will now snap my fingers and put a sensible gun regulating law in place - a lot of people would be saying you can't do that. Then politics would come into play and they would start accusing Jah of being a bleeding heat democrat. Cheers!    
      May 17, 2022 10:46 AM MDT

All weapons will be destroyed when Jesus returns....no need for laws. 
      May 17, 2022 6:51 PM MDT

If there is such a being, it likely doesn't exist in human form and has no gender.
      May 17, 2022 7:13 PM MDT

Jesus was absolutely male. And following the Christian (and Jewish) scripture, Wisdom is explicitly described as feminine throughout the first ten chapters of Proverbs - and in chapter 8, She tells us who She is. God's daughter, His "master worker" who is also His "little child". The Hebrew "amon" is the kicker, it's not a proper word at all. Solomon was renowned for punning, its a portmanteau of "ammon" and "amun".
    If you're not Trinitarian, then none of that will make sense. As a Christian,  however, I am.
      May 18, 2022 7:46 AM MDT

But we're not all Christian, and Jesus is divine only to Christians. Many of us who are Jewish think of God in a more abstract way, as the laws governing nature and the universe mixed with the human conscience. Nothing against you personally, but Christians and Christianity for centuries have imposed their theology and concept of God and divinity on the rest of society. I have actually heard of "Christian privilege" as a thing similar to white privilege.
      May 18, 2022 12:46 PM MDT

Hence the final paragraph. However, Proverbs is an Hebraic text, held as scripture by all three Abrahamic religions. It's explicit as to who Hokmah is.
    The third largest religion globally is pantheistic (Hindu) and the next deifies the Universe (Buddhism, excepting those sects which deify Siddartha himself, like Japanese Shinto). Neither of these recognise the Abrahamic texts at all. I was merely clarifying from my own perspective - as any true relationship with a god or gods must always be subjective.
      May 18, 2022 5:48 PM MDT

Indeed. I have reached the conclusion that belief in God is the ultimate self-fulfilling prophecy. There is no concrete, incontrovertible proof of existence, but rather God exists for believers because they believe and does not exist for atheists because they don't believe. That's why arguments about it are pointless, as neither side will ever convince the other.
      May 18, 2022 5:56 PM MDT