Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you ever get tired of being right all the time?

Do you ever get tired of being right all the time?

Posted - June 1, 2022

Responses

No, not really.
      June 1, 2022 2:59 PM MDT

Me either. 
      June 1, 2022 5:51 PM MDT

Being right all the time is one thing; convincing the judges of it is another, especially if you get to them before I do. Grrrrrrr.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 2, 2022 12:08 PM MDT
      June 1, 2022 3:12 PM MDT

I can be right or left, depending on the issues. Women getting abortions should be allowed to carry assault rifles.
      June 1, 2022 3:34 PM MDT

(Made me think of this sticker I saw)

June 1, 2022 5:25 PM MDT

How about this....left gets to ban assault rifles and the right gets to ban abortions? 
      June 1, 2022 5:50 PM MDT

For the most part, I  think it's right to be left.
      June 1, 2022 5:57 PM MDT

Well I haven't gotten to the point in my life were I am right all the time. But when I do I will never get tired of it and I will invent a I Am Always Right dance. I'm thinking a combination of the Pony and the Soupy Sales Shuffle. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 2, 2022 5:53 PM MDT
      June 1, 2022 5:23 PM MDT

You seem to be in the minority here.
      June 1, 2022 5:52 PM MDT

Are you saying that I am in the minority here because you heard that I was Mongolian? I don't know who my daddy is so ever few months I try to find my roots by imagining what Country and  culture my daddy was from. Then I do a bit of researching to see if I can find any similarities between then and me. It has only been 2 days but from the research I have done so far I figure I am likely half Mongolian. Cheers!    
      June 2, 2022 10:55 AM MDT

Do enjoy eating barbecued marmot? Then you might have some Mongolian heritage.
      June 2, 2022 3:02 PM MDT

I have not tried marmot but I do like the taste of barbecue food so that might mean I'm Mongolian. The marmot on Vancouver Island were recently taking off the endangered species list so I am not sure if I would eat them yet. Cheers!
      June 2, 2022 3:34 PM MDT

I haven't thought of Soupy Sales in YEARS! I remember him from 70s game shows! My mom loved him for some unknown reason. (Of course, she liked Bill Cosby pretty well, too.) 
      June 2, 2022 5:55 PM MDT

In all fairness on the Bill Cosby issue,  he had countless people who liked him for decades prior to all of his hidden acts becoming exposed to the general public. I was also a big fan of his before those facts came out.
    ~

June 2, 2022 6:24 PM MDT

I know, I was joking. I liked him, too, for the most part. Sometimes I thought he seemed creepy on The Cosby Show. 
    He's clearly a complex character. He has done much good for many. Dichotomy keeps things interesting. 

June 2, 2022 6:36 PM MDT

Yes.
    And I Want To be Wrong.

I hope you and everyone can give a listen if you don't know this song, my very favorite R.E.M. song. :) 

"I Wanted To Be Wrong"

". . . .everyone is humming a song that I don't understand . . ."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 2, 2022 6:01 PM MDT
      June 1, 2022 5:23 PM MDT

It's a good song! I've listened before at your suggestion. 

Side story - because I know you can appreciate them! -
    I almost got off track with what youTube was recommending to me! I almost never actually watch them, I usually just laugh at some of the BS they come up with. I've watched a lot of meditation and yoga videos. Combine that with other of my shared data and search information and what the algorithms come up with are usually pretty laughable!  I frequently use the internet for research for my job, which keeps me involved with a variety of people with a vast variety of human conditions, diagnoses, interests, hobbies, etc. I'm also quite curious by nature and since I learned about algorithms and all that jazz, sometimes I look things up just to mix keep 'them' guessing! Anyway, one of the recommendations was a song I'd forgotten about from the 80s. I'll admit it, I liked Tiffany's music. There. I said it. I liked Tiffany and AC/DC and Whitesnake and George Michael and I still do! :)

June 2, 2022 6:19 PM MDT

I like some of her stuff, too. this is a good one!  :)
    I don't know specially enough of Whitesnake and AC/DC  by name but I know I like at least some.
    Believe it or not, never been much of a George Michael fan. :)
      June 3, 2022 7:35 PM MDT

I love a couple of his songs. Amongst my top 100. 

These lyrics are crazy good:

It's hard to love
    There's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope
    When there is no hope to speak of 
    And the wounded skies above
    Say it's much, much too late
    So maybe we should all be praying for time.

Hope you're having a good evening! :)
      June 3, 2022 7:47 PM MDT

Those are good lyrics, you're right.

And I failed to mention I really like Michael's voice. I'm unsure why I'm not more drawn to him. I love the fun of Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go," though.

Been having some really rough weeks but I'm doing okay. Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you're good!
    Believe it or not (again), I'm listening to R.E.M.'s "Around the Sun" album, posted up there. :)
    love that entire album, like I say over and over.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 4, 2022 12:07 AM MDT
      June 3, 2022 7:51 PM MDT

After he died, my British friend told me that it was discovered that he was truly one of the most charitable celebrities ever. He apparently gave away millions anonymously over the course of his life and career. 

He faced so much public humiliation and judgment for being who he was and for being an addict. Something that he fought to overcome, as so many good people do. 
      June 3, 2022 8:06 PM MDT

Yes! I read the same stuff about his charitable work -- anonymous charity work, too. He wasn't doing it for publicity for himself.
    I forgot about this though until just now reading your reply. Thanks for the reminder!
    I shake  my head if I think about it. Even "at the time" of hearing of what some said about him, I thought, "Really people? He bothers you? He's not hurting you and he's done nothing but sing well and create music."

June 3, 2022 8:13 PM MDT

I just think it's gross and mean and really speaks to who they are. 

Some people are so full of hate and misery. As gross and mean as they act, I truly still feel badly for them on some level. 
      June 3, 2022 8:22 PM MDT

I get it, yes.
    I agree with you.  :)
      June 3, 2022 8:24 PM MDT