Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you abstain from drinking milk because you dislike the way it tastes?

Do you abstain from drinking milk because you dislike the way it tastes?

I love milk and always have. I know that many people are lactose intolerant and therefore do not or cannot drink it, and I also know that there are some people who think it’s more for children than for adults. I see it differently. 
~

Posted - July 7, 2022

Responses

Nope, and only because it's not good for diabetics. It spikes your blood sugar like a sum b*tch. I drink it very sparingly.
      July 7, 2022 9:37 AM MDT

Plain milk has a flavor?  I never noticed a flavor.  Honestly, it always tasted like stale water to me. 
    So, what flavor does it have (not counting added flavorings)?  Does it taste like cow?  (Bessy? Clairabelle?  Nessie?)  Or perhaps goat?  (Clover?  Lucy?)  
      July 7, 2022 10:32 AM MDT

I used to love milk more than I do now.  All dairy products are good, however the milk where I live has a "cow" taste to it.  The beef is different as well, I quit eating red meat because of the change in taste. 
      July 7, 2022 10:50 AM MDT

I never drink it, but I  do put it on my cereal.
      July 7, 2022 10:52 AM MDT

It makes me gag. Oddly enough, I love cheese.
      July 7, 2022 12:00 PM MDT

I refused milk even as a child.  I never buy milk anymore because neither of us drink it.  I keep a small bag of frozen skim milk cubes  to use if a recipe calls for milk, but honestly this reminds me that I should probably buy a pint of milk for some fresh cubes.  

The one exception to this:  Ice cold skim milk with chocolate no-sugar-added Nesquik.

I love dairy products such as cheese, ice cream, sour cream, etc. 

I keep dried milk powder for emergencies.  The only time I've used it was for a visitor who wanted milk for her coffee.  She said it was a good substitute.
      July 7, 2022 2:05 PM MDT

I'm on my way over . . .

No Sugar Added Chocolate Flavored Powder 16 oz. Canister | GoodNes
      July 7, 2022 5:22 PM MDT

That sounds like a Randy D line. 

Reported.

~

July 7, 2022 5:56 PM MDT

Oh, wow -- you're right.
    While I'm gone in Penalty ZoneMug, at least mention Howard Jones (and/or Pointer Sisters. Johnny Nash, Enya, Guy Pearce) every once in a while for me.
      July 7, 2022 6:12 PM MDT

You're not to blame Welby, no one ever is ...
      July 7, 2022 7:34 PM MDT

:)
    Thanks, Slartibartfast! No better way for me to start a day than with my guy Howard.  Great choice in context of conversation, too, ha.
      July 8, 2022 5:58 AM MDT

I put it in tea (not coffee). It is more for the grandchildren, my granddaughter has an allergy to A1 protein so we have to get the more expensive A2 for her.
      July 7, 2022 4:54 PM MDT

Have we talked about this yet?

I love milk, too. My whole life so far. Yup. I prefer drinking milk without any added mayonnaise.

I tend to prefer skim (or sometimes 1% or 2%).

Like Thriftymaid mentioned, ice cold is my favorite way to drink.

I love ice cold chocolate milk. Hot cocoa every once in a while.

Cold milk in a bowl of Post Raisin Bran - - has long been my favorite breakfast cereal (besides oatmeal).

I drink milk at least once a day at breakfast -- with "Rich Milk Chocolate Breakfast Essential."

Carnation Breakfast Essentials Rich Milk Chocolate, 10 Count | Meijer

July 7, 2022 5:29 PM MDT

I didn't know they still make Carnation instant breakfast! I think I'll get a box. I don't think I've seen that since my kids were young and that was a while ago. 

Milk+mayo+herbs=ranch dressing! Funnily enough, people who hate mayo but love ranch don't like being reminded that they're eating mayo! ;)

July 7, 2022 6:07 PM MDT

Oh, wow! Hadn't thought about The Ranch Connection. (And don't tell Randy D, but I sometimes tend to like mayonnaise -- but usually only a very light amount of it, not the drenching that is usually put on sandwiches, which makes me not like it.)

Instant Breakfast is easier for me to say.  :)  
      July 7, 2022 6:17 PM MDT

I didn't even notice that it's not called 'Instant Breakfast' until I looked again! Does it taste the same?

Do you remember the jingle? 

"Carnation instant breakfast - you're gonna love it in an instant". 

I'm definitely going to look for that. Distinctive taste from childhood. I hope they have strawberry! :)

July 7, 2022 6:24 PM MDT

They do have strawberry.  :)  It tastes good! I've been drinking it so long I'm just used to how it tastes. I think I  might remember the jingle but unsure.
      July 7, 2022 6:30 PM MDT

July 7, 2022 6:36 PM MDT

I remember.  :)
    Cool.
      July 7, 2022 6:45 PM MDT

I used to use 'Instant Breakfast' when I was training recruits, and was burning 3000 calories a day.
      July 8, 2022 7:25 AM MDT

Sounds like you might have needed one with lunch, too! :)

July 8, 2022 8:05 PM MDT

What’s this I hear? Someone is attempting to withhold information from me? Must be a faction of the criminal entity that is continually working towards taking me down. Grrrrrrr. (Has anyone checked to see if Livvie is lurking around here somewhere? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.)

~

July 7, 2022 7:06 PM MDT

If you give me those Come Hither eyes, I'll talk.   :)

And no one was around, I just admitted on my own (only because I do tend to like Ranch dressing).  :)
      July 8, 2022 6:02 AM MDT

I just don’t understand the milk and mayonnaise combination. Is that some kind of smoothie that you like to drink?

:(

July 8, 2022 7:26 AM MDT