Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you abstain from drinking milk because you dislike the way it tastes?

Do you abstain from drinking milk because you dislike the way it tastes?

I love milk and always have. I know that many people are lactose intolerant and therefore do not or cannot drink it, and I also know that there are some people who think it’s more for children than for adults. I see it differently. 
~

Posted - July 7, 2022

Responses

That was my weak attempt at humor  -- that you don't like mayonnaise at all. I don't ever drink milk with mayonnaise ever.  :)

And, in spite of what I said here in thread, in general, I very, very rarely add straight mayonnaise to anything and it's always a very small amount -- then I can like it. But I've never understood adding it to hamburgers. :)
      July 8, 2022 11:44 AM MDT

Milk+mayo+herbs is the standard recipe for basic ranch dressing, Randy. 
      July 8, 2022 7:39 PM MDT

As if I know from recipes, right? My job in the kitchen is to eat. Thanks for filling me in, though. 

~

July 8, 2022 7:47 PM MDT

Oh! Sorry if I've just burst your ranch dressing bubble! 

I get it - she cooks it, you eat it. No questions asked. She's probably also slipping you avocado and Vegemite in small doses, too. 

July 8, 2022 7:58 PM MDT

LOL, she wouldn’t do a thing like that to me . . . wait, would she? I mean, I feel fine, just fine. There’s nothing wrong with me, absolutely nothing. I’d feel it if she was slipping me some . . . ACK!  UGH!!! ERRRRHG!! 

:(

July 8, 2022 8:17 PM MDT

I'm sure you're fine. What you don't know won't hurt you. Forget about it. Don't even think about what may or may not be in the food. Relax. It's all good, man. 
      July 8, 2022 8:27 PM MDT

B…b…but…but how am I supposed to relax after a hypothesis like that one! You know how neurotic I am! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

~

July 8, 2022 8:39 PM MDT

I’m not lurking.  I’m just relaxing in your well-appointed 2nd level sub-basement.  Now I’m going to go upstairs to see what you have in your fridge.

This post was edited by Livvie at July 9, 2022 6:38 PM MDT
      July 8, 2022 7:45 AM MDT

Only the best in comfort and relaxation for my sandwich-makers, that’s what I always say. Hold on, is that a vial of guacamole you have hidden in your purse? Grrrrrrr. 

~

July 8, 2022 7:48 AM MDT

Please, don’t be silly; you know you’re not allowed upstairs. You can’t even leave the sub-basement at all. There are sandwiches to be made.

~

July 8, 2022 7:54 AM MDT

The new couch in your living room looks good.  It’s comfortable!  I’m just going to sit on it and enjoy it while I eat the blueberry pie I found in your refrigerator.  Yum!

July 8, 2022 8:06 AM MDT

Hellllllllooooooo! Don’t you remember that after the whole grape soda and ravioli incident you’re not allowed on the good furniture? Stay in your cell dorm room just like all the others! Grrrrrrr. 

July 8, 2022 8:24 AM MDT

I think it tastes pretty good. I think of it as food rather than beverage. I drink about 6-8 oz some mornings when I can't get myself eat breakfast.  I buy good quality A2 milk that allegedly has fewer hormones and more humane farming practices - whatever that really means!

July 7, 2022 6:20 PM MDT

Humane farming practices -- maybe something like this?

Farmers GIFs | Tenor

Just fooling around a bit - - but I do get your point.  :)
      July 7, 2022 6:28 PM MDT

Haha! 

That actually looks a lot easier than detasseling corn! Maybe slow it down a little bit. Could be quite relaxing! :)
      July 7, 2022 6:34 PM MDT

I've actually seen that before. There is a small farm next to a golf driving range where I worked. The would hire migrant (legal) workers to plant.
      July 8, 2022 7:28 AM MDT

I like this!  :)
    Just in an artistic/visual way, as a dancer, I see this is worthy of a choreographed dance somehow.
    And this gif is art to me, too - - I know -- I'm really weird!
    :)
      July 8, 2022 11:48 AM MDT

(They would hire . . . )

July 8, 2022 7:50 PM MDT

I have it in my cereal every morning, but don't drink it by itself.  Not because I don't like the taste, but because I just don't.  I do like most dairy products and cheeses.
      July 7, 2022 6:33 PM MDT