Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think that it is suspicious that the US Secret service deleated text messages from the 5th and 6th of January 2021?

Do you think that it is suspicious that the US Secret service deleated text messages from the 5th and 6th of January 2021?

The House select committee investigating the Capitol attack has issued a subpoena to the US Secret Service for text messages from 5 January and 6 January 2021 understood to have been erased, pursuing what investigators suspect might be an instance of corruptly destroyed records. The thing about text messages is even if they are deleted there is still traces/crumbs left on the phone and with those crumbs lots of info can be recovered. So I think they are going to prove to be another example of corruption in all levels of the Trump administration. Cheers!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/16/house-january-6-panel-subpoenas-secret-service-for-allegedly-delted-text-messages

Posted - July 16, 2022

Responses

I just read about this in the newspaper.  I think the Secret Service deleted those messages because they don't want the general public to believe that they were so incompetent as to allow Trump to assault one of them in one of his hissy fits.  They don't want anything around that would corroborate the testimony of Cassidy Hutchinson.  It puts them in a very poor light.  Those phone calls might also corroborate some of the other testimony that has been given.  I would like to see the two Secret Service agents testify under oath about what happened.  If it's proven that they lied under oath, they should be fired and have any security clearance they have removed.
      July 16, 2022 9:30 AM MDT

My 8 year old neighbour would feel embarrassed and  incompetent if a punk like Trump was able to assault her (she has been taking MMA lessons since she was 5). I think the Secret Service deleted the messages because they were ordered to by Trump and or his inner circle. Cheers!
      July 16, 2022 10:02 AM MDT

Congratulations to your daughter.  My eldest great-niece just earned her red letter and is a world champion 2022 in XMA Forms.
      July 16, 2022 10:10 AM MDT

She is my neighbour but I am as proud of her as if she was my daughter and it is a comfort knowing no guy is going to take advantage of her when she is older. XMA is pretty intense  so it is very cool that your great niece is a world champion. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 16, 2022 11:04 AM MDT
      July 16, 2022 10:29 AM MDT

Sorry - I misread the relationship, but it's nice you feel that way about her.  My great-niece has worked really hard.  She's only 11, so this is quite a feat.  No one will take advantage of her either. :)  Thank you.
      July 16, 2022 11:05 AM MDT

Yes I do.
    I also think it is suspicious that Pelosi/McConnell/Mayor DC all refused NG presence to secure the Capitol....more than once. 

It is also suspicious that the magnetic doors were OPENED from inside the Capitol. Police were letting people inside and taking selfie with protesters. 

There is more suspicious things that happened that day as well....that the Jan 6th committee is not interested in.
      July 16, 2022 12:07 PM MDT

You really need to do more research into the truth than what the GOP tells you, so I'll save you the trouble of looking up what actually happened.

https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Article/2466077/dod-details-national-guard-response-to-capitol-attack/

"District of Columbia officials knew of the planned protests and had requested some assistance when the "First Amendment demonstrations" were planned for Jan. 5 and 6, McCarthy said. Based on this request, officials called up 340 National Guardsmen to help. The Guardsmen were assigned mainly to traffic control, Metro crowd control, some logistics support and a 40-member quick reaction force to be based at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.

"No other requests were made," the Army secretary said.

But the protests turned into a mob rioting through the halls, chambers and offices of the U.S. Capitol. At around 2 p.m., D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser requested more assistance. Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller immediately called up 1,100 members of the D.C. National Guard."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jun/13/sean-hannity/no-evidence-pelosi-rejected-trumps-authorization-2/

"There is no record of former President Donald Trump officially authorizing 20,000 National Guard troops for the U.S. Capitol ahead of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack.

There is no evidence that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi denied such an authorization, and experts said she doesn’t have the authority to do so in the first place.

A Vanity Fair report said Trump made a passing remark to his acting defense secretary about potentially needing 10,000 National Guard troops, not 20,000. But there’s no evidence the comment was treated as a formal authorization."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/28/false-gop-claim-that-pelosi-turned-down-national-guard-before-jan-6-attack/
    "Republicans accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) of failing to protect the U.S. Capitol from the attack on Jan. 6, claiming she ignored warnings about potential threats and denied a request to bring in reinforcements from the National Guard.

Many fact-checkers have rated these claims false. In March, we gave Four Pinocchios to Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a close ally of former president Donald Trump, for leveling the same accusation at Pelosi without proof.

Five months later, it’s not just Jordan anymore. In a news conference held moments before the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack held its first hearing, McCarthy and Stefanik, two top Republican leaders, said Pelosi failed to act on warning signs leading up to the riot.

“The American people deserve to know the truth that Nancy Pelosi bears responsibility as speaker of the House for the tragedy that occurred on January 6th,” Stefanik said.

We asked representatives for McCarthy and Stefanik what proof they had. Just like Jordan five months earlier, they had none."

July 16, 2022 12:30 PM MDT

The Chief of Capitol police Steven Sund  asked for assistance (6 times) and was told NO.  By the House Sergent of Arms Paul Irving (his boss is Pelosi), Senate Sergeant at Arms Micheal Steilnger (his boss is McConnell) recommended the PC informally request the Guard to be ready.  
    All 3 men have resigned their posts.... Pelsoi/McConnell  need to resign their posts....they are who failed the American people that day.  

This was reported by liberal NPR. 
    https://www.npr.org/2021/01/11/955548910/ex-capitol-police-chief-rebuffs-claims-national-guard-was-never-called-during-ri
      July 16, 2022 1:00 PM MDT

Apparently, you don't believe what the National Guard itself said. This post was edited by Spunky at July 16, 2022 1:18 PM MDT
      July 16, 2022 1:18 PM MDT

Of course the NG has no record of the requests.  The NG did not receive the requests.  The Sergents at Arms House/Senate refused to issue the requests.  
      July 16, 2022 1:34 PM MDT

You know, I don't know why I bother to give you the facts.  You really don't want to know the truth.  Must be nice to live in your rose-colored world.
      July 16, 2022 1:40 PM MDT

I gave you a report from the Police Chief who requested the NG and was told NO.    He should know if/when/number of times he asked for help and was denied and who denied that help.    

I could easily ask you about your colored glasses as well. 
      July 16, 2022 4:54 PM MDT

I gave you three, not one, but THREE links to my comments.  There were more.  I'm not the one with blinders on.
      July 16, 2022 5:12 PM MDT

Mine came reported directly from the man who requested the help. And the men who denied the requests. 

Yours are MSM ignoring that fact that the man who said NO answered to Pelosi, and the man who said do an informal request answered to McConnell.     
    So yes, their fact check is correct Pelosi/McConnell did not directly deny the requests.  The same way  AL Capone never actually killed anyone himself. 
      July 16, 2022 7:42 PM MDT

I can't help but wonder if the deletions had anything to do with the Secret Service trying to remove Pence from the Capitol (he refused to get in the car).
      July 16, 2022 4:47 PM MDT

That could be a possibility.  Cheers and happy weekend!
      July 16, 2022 5:14 PM MDT

Suspicious and completely illegal under the Official Records Act.
      July 16, 2022 10:19 PM MDT