Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Military » Got an example of why Donald J Trump should never be Commander In Chief again?

Got an example of why Donald J Trump should never be Commander In Chief again?

I have a million of them but I will start with this one. In 2017 Trump flew to Paris for Bastille Day celebrations. There were tanks and fighter jets that really impressed Trump and when he got back to Washington he told his generals that he wanted the biggest, grandest  military style parade ever for July 4th. But he said "Look, I don’t want any wounded guys in the parade" then he added that at Bestiille there had been several formations of injured veterans, including wheelchair-bound soldiers who had lost limbs in battle and he didn't want that because it would make him look bad. I think that is a horrible way for a Commander In Chief to think. Cheers!

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/inside-the-war-between-trump-and-his-generals

Posted - August 8, 2022

Responses

The only people who don't think he's a horrid person are his butt-kissers.  Even some of them are starting to have enough of his nonsense, but they're too cowardly and afraid to go against him. This post was edited by Spunky at August 8, 2022 8:11 PM MDT
      August 8, 2022 1:33 PM MDT

Kinda like Putin's followers. Willing but afraid.
      August 8, 2022 4:41 PM MDT

Because he proved it the first time around that He's an incompetent nincompoop That's unfit to hold office ever again!!!! 
      August 8, 2022 2:23 PM MDT

January 6, 2021.
      August 9, 2022 4:14 AM MDT

Handling news of a NK missile launch in February 2017 with no regard for national security. 

This post was edited by Jane S at August 10, 2022 7:50 AM MDT
      August 10, 2022 7:48 AM MDT

Yep. Well Trump was busy sending Kim love letters and CD's North Korea finished their long range missal tests - built new centrifuges for enriching uranium and according to the Pentagon built a mini sub that was capable of carrying and launching a long range nuke that could hit any target on US soil. Cheers!
      August 10, 2022 8:59 AM MDT