Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If Russia announced that they are now capable of blowing the US off the face of the earth thanks .............

If Russia announced that they are now capable of blowing the US off the face of the earth thanks .............

to the secret documents they stole from mar - a - logo - would the trump supporters still blame it on Hillary and Hunter Biden?  I bet they would. Cheers!

Posted - August 31, 2022

Responses

Russia has long had that capability. The reason that they haven't already is that the US has the capability to reduce Russia to a smouldering heap of radioactive ash as well. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) actually maintains a precarious balance.
      August 31, 2022 9:40 PM MDT

I know. What I was wondering is if Russia somehow got the upper hand thanks to Trump's mis handling of secrete documents and his supporters were about to die because of it would they still support him and shift the blame to someone else. Cheers!
      September 1, 2022 7:13 AM MDT

Hillary/Obama and Co did sell US uranium to Russia. 
      September 1, 2022 6:05 AM MDT

I think it's time for radicals on both ends of the political spectrum to calm down and let this play out. The documents are back where they belong and Trump and his lawyers have made a good case that there was no willful intent because he was too ignorant to know it was wrong. So, an indictment is unlikely and even if he were charged and convicted, nothing in the Constitution prohibits him from running in 2024. I can think of many things that matter more to Americans and it's way past time to stop letting Trump dominate the news cycle. 
      September 1, 2022 9:47 AM MDT

If he's convicted under the Espionage Act (dissemination or removal of documents relating to the defense of America), that absolutely rules him out of running, particularly since he failed to fully comply with a subpoena for the return of said documents. His Royal Orangeness himself signed the law upgrading violation of Federal statute 18 US Code 2071 from a misdemeanour to a felony.
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at September 2, 2022 3:23 PM MDT
      September 2, 2022 3:13 PM MDT

The Constitution says nothing about criminal conviction, a Federal law that is not in accordance with the Constitution won't stand up in court.
      September 2, 2022 7:34 PM MDT