Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Biden admin says it supports gain of function virus research. This WAS banned in the US. Anyone else alarmed by this? Haven't enough died?

Biden admin says it supports gain of function virus research. This WAS banned in the US. Anyone else alarmed by this? Haven't enough died?

Posted - March 2, 2023

Responses

Here you go again... 
      March 2, 2023 6:09 AM MST

Watch the video...John Kirby states it. 
      March 2, 2023 6:47 AM MST

Not what I meant.
      March 2, 2023 9:15 AM MST

Topic is the dangers of gain of function virus research....surely you agree this is not something our gov should not be funding.  
      March 2, 2023 2:49 PM MST

If you wanted to debate the risks and benefits of GOF research, then that's what you should have asked about. What you posted was clip that indicated the Biden administration is in favor of research done in a safe, secure and transparent manner, You also stated that it is banned in the US, which is not true. So, 'here you go again' refers to you making another statement that oversimplies a complicated and controversial subject in an inflammatory way Biden bashing way and which contains misinformation.  But if you say that's what the topic is, then my response is that I am not an expert and prefer not to jump to conclusions unless and until I take the time to learn more. 
      March 2, 2023 5:17 PM MST

Sorry. I did not realize they lifted the ban. The testimony of Fauci appeared as though it was still in effect. With Fauci lying to Congress saying NIH did not now nor ever fund gain of function. (The grant in question recived by Wuhan was however during the ban)

It is dangerous. And I believe it should he illegal. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at March 3, 2023 5:24 AM MST
      March 3, 2023 5:08 AM MST

Well sometimes you have to look at something at its possible worst so you can study it and then be prepared for that worst case scenario. The covid virus  mutated 5 times but maybe if they used  gain of function to study it in the beginning they would of been prepared and stopped it from doing that. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at March 3, 2023 2:42 PM MST
      March 2, 2023 9:28 AM MST

Do you understand that covid virus came from this research in China funded by Fauci?  

It is illegal...made illegal by Obama. Fauci should be charged.
      March 2, 2023 2:51 PM MST

Well they don't really know if it came from a lab in China. Cheers!

March 2, 2023 3:08 PM MST

The process itself is dangerous. 
      March 3, 2023 5:08 AM MST

I understand that there is absolutely no evidence supporting your baseless allegations. Had it really been engineered in a Chinese lab, it wouldn't have hit China first and killed thousands of Chinese. They're not completely incompetent. They'd have hidden the virus in a shipment of goods, there's no shortage of those being exported.
      March 2, 2023 7:03 PM MST

DOE and FBI believe it came out of the Wuhan lab. Your scenario (sending it out in a cargo shipment) is assuming it was released on purpose...but an accident would hit Chinese people first. 
    But even if it did not this is a dangerous and the people in the labs can and do have accidents (this is why it was stopped in the US in 2014 but lifted in 2017)....what if the next pandemic does come out of one of these labs around the world....Ukraine has several of these biolabs. What happens if the labsare hit with a bomb? Or taken over by Russians? 
    This post was edited by my2cents at March 3, 2023 5:22 AM MST
      March 3, 2023 5:18 AM MST

You still haven’t gotten over Trump losing the election, have you?
      March 2, 2023 10:51 AM MST

And she never will.  
      March 2, 2023 11:57 AM MST

Gain of function research has nothing to do with Trump or the election.  

It has so do with our government banning it because it is dangerous and deadly. 
      March 2, 2023 2:47 PM MST

That'll never happen because she's still drinking that Kool-Aid. :):):)
      March 3, 2023 2:43 PM MST

Anyone not alarmed by this doesn't understand it.  Even Obama insisted Fauci and his ilk stop GOF research when he was in office but he was ignored.  So the USA not only allowed it, it paid for it and Fauci has some patents that came from those days of spending USA tax dollars for nefarious research.  The man in the video expects his audience to be imbeciles.   And look!!!! There are a few around here.

The people obsessed with Donald Trump are those who seem to hate him for reasons that exist only in their minds.  It is an amazing, but sad, thing to watch. 
      March 2, 2023 12:50 PM MST

I just did a Google search to see if gain of function is or is not banned in America. Seems like it was banned in 2014 and then the ban was lifted in 2017. Now I'm thinking that maybe Trump helped get the ban lifted because he figured the possible gains of GOF research out weighed the risks. And he probably used science to make that decision. Which wouldn't surprise me because he claimed that because of genetics he shares his famed uncle's science genius. cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at March 3, 2023 8:19 AM MST
      March 2, 2023 7:53 PM MST