Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Mike Pence right about how history will remember Trump?

Is Mike Pence right about how history will remember Trump?

On Saturday Mike Pence said - history will hold Donald Trump accountable for his role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol. I think he is right but I also think Pence will not be looked at too favorably in the history books because after the riot he said next to nothing to condemn the riot. I also hope the history books include a real un flattering photo of Trump.  Cheers!

Posted - March 12, 2023

Responses

I don't know. History gets rewritten all the time. I do know that if it weren't for Jan 6, history would not remember Mike Pence at all. Pence is not fooling me with his holier-than-thou facade. He wants power and was willing to snuggle up to a man who is the antithesis of everything he claims to believe. Now, he has been carefully gauging which way the wind blows to decide how and whether he should offer an opinion about Trump. Pence and Kevin McCarthy have a whole lot in common, but Pence is a lot more two-faced. 
      March 12, 2023 10:47 AM MDT

A saw Pence as a weak man for the first time when Trump was interviewing him for VP in 2016. Trump sat at a table shoving food in his mouth and Pence just sat there sucking up everything Trump said. History does get rewritten all the time - usally depending on the country it is written in. But when it comes to Trump and his gang I think all the history books in all the countries in world  will agree that Trump was a horrible president and he came dangerously close the destroying America and everything it stands for. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at March 12, 2023 3:14 PM MDT
      March 12, 2023 11:15 AM MDT

Well, if the history books are looking for unflattering photos of Trump, here are a few suggestions.  The bottom one on the right is my personal favorite.

March 12, 2023 3:29 PM MDT

Yeah and they should all have a unflattering caption. Cheers! 
      March 12, 2023 3:44 PM MDT

Top left:  "Hiss - I don't like you."
    Top Right:  "I'm need to eat more fiber."
    Bottom left:  "Thank heaven for Metamucil."
    Bottom right:  "I love to feel the wind in my hair."
      March 13, 2023 12:32 PM MDT

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a flattering photo of him, but I suggest this one. I guessing thats not a classified document stuck to his shoe.
      March 12, 2023 7:58 PM MDT

LOL ... considering the way he treated classified documents, it might well be.
      March 13, 2023 12:27 PM MDT

History will remember him as being the petulant child who refused to accept the umpire's decision, threw a tantrum, took his bat and ball and went storming off.
    Pence will probably be likened to "Igor", the stereotypical lackey to the bad guy.
      March 12, 2023 11:33 PM MDT