Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you ever doubt your opinions or is everything black or white to you?

Do you ever doubt your opinions or is everything black or white to you?

Posted - March 31, 2023

Responses

Nothing is ever black or white to me. But once I form an opinion it is set in stone. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 31, 2023 10:18 AM MDT

Some things are black and white and they will never change, but other things I try not to form an opinion about until I research the issue and then try to form an educated opinion.  If someone can show me logically that my opinion was formed based on faulty information, I am open to changing it.
      March 31, 2023 2:10 PM MDT

No-I do see things in color for sure!
      March 31, 2023 7:04 PM MDT

If I get new information my opinion can change. 
      March 31, 2023 7:09 PM MDT

My opinions are well researched facts. The research was done by others using me as a reference. If you don't believe me, just ask me.
      March 31, 2023 7:13 PM MDT

lol
      June 20, 2023 3:49 AM MDT

I like to reexamine and also consider things from others' perspectives. I've seen my opinions of many subjects soften or change over time. I hope that will continue. 
      March 31, 2023 8:49 PM MDT

My opinions are almost always open ended. They grow like a plant, extending branches and reaching out toward the light. I try to find several reliable resources for information on a given subject.  

My opinions that don't fit this description are opinions on things like "I don't like that TV show" or "You won't get me up in that thing!"
      April 1, 2023 9:02 AM MDT

Life and everything in it was black and white for me. The thing is that the older I get, the more life resembles shades of gray. As for my opinions on anything, they usually are not taken seriously. That's why I don't talk that much.
      April 1, 2023 9:08 AM MDT

I’m very set in my opinion at this stage in my life. I‘d like to think that I am open to changing my opinions because I do judge others that seem so very set in stone in opinions that differ from mine. The truth is that I’m set in mine too. The difference is that my opinions are correct ;)
      April 1, 2023 7:55 PM MDT

Same here.
      April 1, 2023 8:32 PM MDT

There’s not a single answer that I can apply to all of my various opinions. Some things I am and have long been adamant about, in other things my opinions have evolved over time, and continue to evolve, still other things are quite loosely arranged in my mind. I find that many of my opinions depend on how the topic or issue relates to my everyday life and/or to my relationships with family members, friends, etc. 

For example, having join the Marine Corps right out of high school, I formulated a lot of opinions based on those direct experiences in my life, and it helped change the way I saw a lot of things prior to being in the military. Then, leaving the military, and re-joining civilian life was another aspect of seeing things differently, therefore, another set of change in opinions. Also, it took getting married and having children for me to have very different opinions about those two things than I had had as a young single man with no children. Learning foreign languages shapes some of my opinions. Becoming an empty nester along with my wife changed my opinions about a lot of things. Being retired and not having a job to go to every day has really changed my opinions about retirement and about working.

There are some opinions that I have about things that are not really closely affecting my life, so they are an example of things about which I may be less likely to only see in black-and-white.
    ~

June 19, 2023 11:08 PM MDT

Oops! Thanks. 
    ~

June 20, 2023 8:42 AM MDT

Black or white are not the only way to see something.

June 20, 2023 9:37 AM MDT